PDA

View Full Version : Question for everyone in the community

MT backcountry hunter
08-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a question for everyone here on the forum. I was asking myself the other night about what kind of hunter I am and couldn't think of a good answer. The best I could come up with was "dedicated". So my question to everyone is-

What kind of hunter are you?

jenbickel
08-10-2011, 01:00 PM
A bada$$ one. Lol just kidding :) I'd have to say passionate

wolftalonID
08-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Stealthy, Deadly, accurate.

Bitterroot Bulls
08-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Obsessed, of course.

ssliger
08-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Is there something more than obsessed,if so I'm that

MT backcountry hunter
08-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Is there something more than obsessed,if so I'm that

I dunno man, thats why i asked everyone. Keep the names comin guys, it will be neat to see what everyone says.

Joe Hulburt
08-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Determined :D

Jon Boy
08-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Id have to say all of thee above.

plentycoupe
08-11-2011, 06:45 AM
definetly obsessed, at least that is what my two ex's said.
Ethical, as I view the word. Opinionated on some topics. Hardcore. Dedicated to preserving the right to hunt. knowledgable on some types of hunting. Considerate (willing to share what I know with others)

RUTTIN
08-11-2011, 07:31 AM
I would have to say in all honesty, I am a little selfish, and only think about me when it comes to bowhunting season. I am seldom home and thank god I have an understanding wife, that can take care of the home life while I am gone.

Pronghorn73
08-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I was born to hunt!.............it's in my blood. Every generation of my family has hunted as far back as I know, and hopefully will continue. I would aslo call myself a poor hunter, because thats what I spend all my money on!

Stringmusic
08-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Just bought more tags...so broke hunter:D

Shane
08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
My wife tells me I have a serious problem, to me that is a good thing, im guessing maybe that means im a obsessed with anything hunting related

Reflex
08-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Like everyone else here, obsessed is probably an understatement. I am constantly immersed in hunting articles, books, forums...and of course, the woods.

MT backcountry hunter
08-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Like everyone else here, obsessed is probably an understatement. I am constantly immersed in hunting articles, books, forums...and of course, the woods.

Immersed has been the word I have been looking for! That sums it up perfectly. Keep them comin guys, I think this thread is good for everyone to at least think about why you/we hunt.

mthuntress
08-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Swift,silent,deadly,backcountry hunter...so much for i could put.

Elkoholic307
08-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Long Range

08-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Fanatical. Def: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion Merriam-Webster.

dhershberger
08-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Hunting for me isn't a passion, its an obsession. I'm dedicated, sometimes I wonder why I go to such great lengths to see trophy animals. I was born to hunt, it's in my blood as far as I go back in my family line. Nothing makes my blood rush like seeing a huge muley buck or a monster bull. God made me first to serve him and second to hunt and that's what I do.

6mm Remington
08-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Yearning and hungry!

mtmuley
08-22-2011, 10:35 AM
obsessed, passionate and persistent.

08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
i get the shakes when i think about it; i feel complete euphoria while i'm doing it; i can't sleep at night thinking about it; i have a cow when i can't do it; i can't be around others doing it if i can't; i have spent all of my money on it; i view forums as a 'support group'; i couldn't give it up if i wanted to; friends and family members are concerned that i have a problem; i know that one day it will probably kill me; and i wouldn't trade any of it for the world. no sir, this is way past the point of obsession. i am an addicted hunter.

Booner
08-22-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm a trophy hunter. I'm obsessed with finding the biggest animal I can.

elivingston
08-23-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm a fairly new hunter, and i didn't grow up hunting like many of you. I discovered this stuff later in life. That said, I love many things about hunting... it takes skill & dedication, you have to be in shape to hunt in the back country, you have to be smart, self-reliant and solve problems in the field, etc. But most of all, I love how that predator instinct comes out during a stalk. It's primal and it's so... human. For a city boy who sits in front of a computer most of the day, it' just what I need.

... anyway... I'd describe my hunting style or persona as "predator instinct obsessed".

BigSurArcher
08-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Fanatical, Driven, Passionate, and Obsessed in the most Respectful and Humble of ways.

jay
08-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Definitely driven!!!

338ultra
08-26-2011, 06:00 AM
Optimistic. Everytime I step foot in the woods, I feel like I am going to see or harvest the biggest animal there is. And I just keep waiting for him to step from behind that next tree.

bowhuntress
08-26-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't think I would say I am obsessed with hunting, but the more I hunt the more it runs in my blood. I don't have the time to be obsessed with it having 2 small kids. I love the thrill of the hunt. The memories and the stories from hunting are worth almost as much as the animal itself.

I guess I am an excited hunter. I just get excited with the thought of being able to go out and hunt! Maybe an adrenaline junkie? :)

Ikeepitcold
08-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Tattooed on the back of my arms is Confidance and determination one word on each arm in Japanese. I got the tatts with hunting in my mine so I would say besides a trophy only hunter I would be a confident and determined hunter.

nebowhunter
08-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Thankful and blessed with the opportunity

anglinarcher
08-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Spendin' more than I should on the latest gear, burnin' as much vacation as I can, pushin' the limit physically, losin' sleep until I'm out there, borin' people to death with stories of adventures, cherishin' every success, learnin' from every mishap,practice shootin' religiously, enjoyin' every bite of venison, pourin' over maps of hunting grounds, geekin' out over every detail kind of hunter!

Now that I quantified it, I thought I had a problem there for a minute!:p

bowhuntress
08-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Spendin' more than I should on the latest gear, burnin' as much vacation as I can, pushin' the limit physically, losin' sleep until I'm out there, borin' people to death with stories of adventures, cherishin' every success, learnin' from every mishap,practice shootin' religiously, enjoyin' every bite of venison, pourin' over maps of hunting grounds, geekin' out over every detail kind of hunter!

Now that I quantified it, I thought I had a problem there for a minute!:p

That sounds exactly like my husband! :)

xtreme
08-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Old, slow, has been. Planning is now more fun than hunting. I hate NordicTrack, Schwinn, and Trek. My cando can't keep up with my want to. I will soon be hunting squirrels and will have to drag them out.
Can't wait until sept 19

Kevin Root
08-31-2011, 01:52 PM
The hunting instinct is one of the most basic instincts of mankind. I don't hunt just for the big trophy, the meat, to spend quality time with friends and family or to escape the daily grind although they are all great reasons or motivations to hunt. For me, I hunt because it is in my DNA or just the way I was made. I feel a special closeness to God when I take a walk in the great outdoors. His awesome creations all around me and the challenge of outwitting these awesome animals and having the privilege to hunt them.

I wish I were better gifted with more eloquent words to describe what kind of hunter I am and why or what makes me love hunting. I've heard a quote that states just bit for me why or what kind of hunter I am. "We do not go hunting to kill. We kill in order to have gone hunting."