PDA

View Full Version : Deer in antelope units 90-1 90-2?

sigpros
08-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I have never been hunting for mule deer or antelope before. I have 5 points for antelope going into next year. How are the mule deer in these units? I would like to hunt antelope and then maybe go back the following year for deer. Just figured if I kept it in the same area I could get used to the area and maybe have a chance at a deer. Not looking for a B&C deer just a nice one scores don't mean much to me. Should I buy a point for deer this year too? And how do the deer tags work in wyoming? What's a general tag? Last question how is the camping in these units? I might bring the family up in july and have a little look around and do some fishing with the kids. Thanks for any help and sorry to ramble on.

gon4elk
08-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Hunted antelope in 90-2 last year and sage hen in 90-1 as well. Never saw a deer. We were there two weekends in a row and covered a lot of country. It's mainly wintering ground for deer. I'm told there are a few whitetail in the river bottoms. There are no General tags for deer for non -Res just unit specific. Buy pnts.

sigpros
08-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Well that stinks. I have been trying to figure out an area that I could antelope hunt and deer hunt. How was the antelope hunting? I have 5 points hope I draw a tag next year. I have never been but I am ready to get a goat. I want to shoot a nice one. Not looking for a booner just a nice mount. Thanks for the heads up on the deer

gon4elk
08-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Plenty of goats in 90 1 or 2. Lots of nice, good bucks if your patient(14 -15" a few). We shot 2 the first 3 days and went back the next week and got one more for our group in 2 days. Plant to spend some time driving and glassing.

Umpqua Hunter
09-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Sigpros: How many points do you have for deer? Do you have five like you do for antelope? It would be easier to first find your deer area in Wyoming, then look for the antelope. If not in the exact same unit, you could hunt antelope very close by.

sigpros
09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
I have o points for deer or elk. Thinking about buying some. Think I have a day or two left to do it. I need to look that up. Mama just got a job so the hunting fund is looking a little better

Drhorsepower
09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
I have o points for deer or elk. Thinking about buying some. Think I have a day or two left to do it. I need to look that up. Mama just got a job so the hunting fund is looking a little better

I think the deadline for point was end of august.

Umpqua Hunter
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I am almost certain that the deadline to buy points for Wyoming is September 30, so you only have a few days.