PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks left. Torture time for me!!

Elkcrazedfrk
08-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Well, only two more weeks till the 2011 archery elk season opens up. I've been through most of my DVD's. Now its daily torture watching rutting bulls on youtube along with knowing I have friends out antelope hunting. Am I the only guy who feels the need to subject himself to painful torture just for the increased anticipation of the crisp mornings and bugling bulls? I can hardly wait and wonder if my family and friends are ready for me to go elk crazy.

wyohorn
08-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I hear u man! I can't sleep and all I do is think of leaves changing and the old morning air. What part of Wyoming are u gonna be hunting?

dhershberger
08-16-2011, 09:30 PM
I can't wait for elk season to start too, although I have to wait till October for rifle season! But I am totally pumped because I drew a coveted NM Gila bull tag and hopefully God will bless me with a great bull! I watch my hunting movies before I go hunting because it helps me visualize how my hunt could play out and what to do when I get a shot at an animal of a lifetime.

Bitterroot Bulls
08-16-2011, 09:39 PM
dhershberger,

I can't wait to see your field photos of you and your monster Gila bull! Hopefully in an issue of the EHJ.

ADavid
08-16-2011, 09:59 PM
I hear ya im driving my girlfriend insane with how ancy i am! So stoked!

jenbickel
08-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Well, only two more weeks till the 2011 archery elk season opens up. I've been through most of my DVD's. Now its daily torture watching rutting bulls on youtube along with knowing I have friends out antelope hunting. Am I the only guy who feels the need to subject himself to painful torture just for the increased anticipation of the crisp mornings and bugling bulls? I can hardly wait and wonder if my family and friends are ready for me to go elk crazy.

lol I'm proud to say I am one of the friends who are out antelope hunting. :) I have been doing the same.. watching elk hunting movies and buying stuff to get ready for elk hunting. It's really making it painful to have to wait two more weeks, but at least I have my antelope hunting to dull the pain. ;)

dustyboots
08-16-2011, 11:20 PM
It's killing me waiting for elk season too still over a month before opening day for me at least I get to go chase some blacktails around with the bow this weekend though

antler-man01
08-17-2011, 01:41 AM
hu.... i don't see why two week's is killing everybody????? Ive been scouting hard, following the elk in three different spot's and have picked up some huge elk shed's doing it. "live life at the moment, don't spend it sweating". i know nobody here has a bull tied up 2 a tree and jst waitin till opening morning?

RUTTIN
08-17-2011, 08:19 AM
I've got three days left till I can chase the mighty Wapiti, and I have not slept good in a week. Finally went through my stuff last night to get ready. Come on Saturday!