PDA

View Full Version : Blaze Orange Backcountry Vest Recommendations...

NorthCountry
08-21-2011, 10:05 PM
This is probably a really basic question for somebody who has been hunting for as long as I have been but I'm looking for a new blaze vest and can't seem to find something that has what I'm looking for. I know there has to be one out there...

I'd like something that is light (not heavy canvas type material) for backcountry day trip pack hunting. Quiet. With an upper chest pocket for a rangefinder and a couple bottom pockets. I don't want one of the cheepies or a plain jane 3/4 or full vest with no pockets. I don't know if fleece would be the best or if an underarmor type material would be better. I'll be using it from early to late season and would just like a good all-around vest that will last for at least a few years.

Does anybody have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks!

mthuntress
08-22-2011, 01:33 AM
The Primos vest mite work??

kerrek
08-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree,The Primos gun vest would be a good choice!

Scott S
08-22-2011, 04:11 PM
I agree,The Primos gun vest would be a good choice!+2 I've got one and they are awesome! A little on the heavy side compared to the plastic vests out there but it is full of pockets and it offers a slight layer of warmth as well.

NorthCountry
08-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys. I looked at the Primos and it seems like a good vest but maybe a little bulky/heavy for pack hunting...? Just a thought.

What do folks think of the... Cabela's Burr-Proof Deer Hunter Vest. Seems light and has some good pockets. I don't know what "acrylic" material is however. I also am looking at the Cabela's Fleece Blaze Full-Length Vest and the Under Armour Blaze Vest.

I'm suprised that Sitka, APX, or some of the other new popular clothing brands have not come out with a blaze vest in their product lines.

NorthCountry
08-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the information guys. I looked at the Primos vest and it seems like a great vest but my initial thought is that it might be a tad bit heavy for pack hunting...? Of course I just looked at it online and not the real deal. Does anybody have any thoughts on Cabela's Burr-Proof Deer Hunter Vest or the Under Armour Blaze Vest? They both seem light in weight and the burr-proof model has an upper chest pocket for a rangefinder.

Thanks!!