PDA

View Full Version : WY sheep points

NDHunter
02-25-2011, 06:44 PM
I am 27 years old and bought a sheep point last year and am trying to decide if I should keep buying them. The Eastmans issue said there are 32 years' worth of non-resident applicants right now. If I keep buying the points, I SHOULD be able to draw a tag in my lifetime, right? My fear would be that tag numbers go down in the future and I'd run out of time. But if a young guy like me can't draw a tag in my lifetime then who can? I can't imagine there's too many guys younger than me buying points. I'm sure that theres some, but I doubt more than maybe even 100. What do you guys think?

COhunter
02-26-2011, 12:22 AM
im 26 and have 4 points...im just going to keep buying points until i have the money to put in for a tag...we might draw before we die!! you might look into CO...the only prob is you have to put all the money upfront...good luck!!

NDHunter
02-26-2011, 09:20 AM
im 26 and have 4 points...im just going to keep buying points until i have the money to put in for a tag...we might draw before we die!! you might look into CO...the only prob is you have to put all the money upfront...good luck!!

I think ill keep buying the WY points. Ive thought about CO but fronting that tag fee is quite a bit. I'm already fronting at least $3,000 in tag fees so another $2,000 or so is quite a bit. Well actually I don't think its too much, its just that my wife doesnt agree... I'm applying in AZ, MT and maybe NV too for sheep so with enough states, hopefully I can make it happen.

Elkoholic307
03-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Keep buying points for sure. You should definitely draw in your lifetime. I'm 23 and when I don't draw this year (pessimistic, I know), I'll have 11 points here in Wyo. My wife will also be buying her first sheep point this year :)

Zim
03-01-2011, 10:30 PM
http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/TotalPreferencePointsMS2010.pdf

Hell no that is crazy. Take a look at the chart and see how many guys are in line ahead of you. You are dreaming to blow $100/year for those odds. Much, much better investments. I dumped 8 points and bailed on WY sheep the 2nd year they went to $100/yr fee. Took one look how many stayed in the game and said..............see ya! No regrets.

307Wapiti
03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
23 and has 11 points . . . I wish I would've got started that early. I'm 29 and I think I have 7 points now. My little boy is 3 and if this preference point system is still up and running when it's time, you can bet I'm going to be buying points for him every year for everything.

nebowhunter
03-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Im 40 and only have 9 points so if you dont think you will draw I never will. But wont be for lack of trying.