PDA

View Full Version : WY Mule Deer Area 89

Randy
09-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi All,
Haven't hunted this part of WY before. Just looking for general direction not secret spots. So far I am thinking Rattlesnake hills. I see there are some walkin areas as well. Any input appreciated.

Thanks

Randy

DrHJH
09-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Good choice in area 89, but don't expect to be alone so close to Casper. Don't forget to apply for permission in the Rattlesnake Mountain Hunter Management Area, and don't overlook the walk-in areas in the north part of area 89, I've dodged bucks on the highway near Powder River several times. Don't forget that some of the bucks will head downhill out of the tree-covered areas when the hunter pressure moves them. Glassing from a high point often finds them in the sagebrush draws then.

shootbrownelk
09-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Randy...you will have LOTS of company in area #89. Good bucks there, but like DrHjH said the bucks & bulls
head to private ground when pressured...the "Diamond Ring" ranch comes to mind. Lots of truck & ATV traffic.
Like DrHjH said...sagebrush draws need glassing.

iowashedhunter
10-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Would a guy be better off to wait and try to draw 90 or burn points and hunt 89 quicker? I am really unsure on whether or not to wait awhile and hunt 90.