PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Booner
09-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Who's ready for some college football? I know I am!!!

Colorado Cowboy
09-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Yep...I always look forward to College football, not too much the Pros. I played football (way back in 59,60,61) at a major Southern California university (notice the caps!) and love it. Seems to be getting a little to much with all the crap going on about all the illegal stuff. When I played we had to play frosh football and got a small stipend for expenses (which we had to work for...I cleaned the locker room and did landscape work at the school for $50.00 a month!) Lucky for me I studied real hard and got a degree & a masters too. I got injured in my Soph year and knew I needed to get my degree so I could get a good job. Been retired now for 11 years.

wolftalonID
09-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Watching my BSU play Georgia Tech as I type!!! Great battle going on...love it!

Booner
09-03-2011, 11:40 PM
That's cool Colorado Cowboy, always great to hear stories from people who played college ball, thanks for sharing.

That was a great game wolftalonID! Lot's of good fball today. I watched my Huskers win then went dove hunting this afternoon. Almost got our limit, but got late on us. Going back out in the morning.

Elkoholic307
09-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Watching my BSU play Georgia Tech as I type!!! Great battle going on...love it!

Not Tech, just Georgia.

Colorado Cowboy
09-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Looks like Oregan bit off more than they could chew and my Trojans were damn lucky that didn't blow it! Yes Boise State looks good.

BigSurArcher
09-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Go Stanford.

OR Archer
09-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Looks like Oregan bit off more than they could chew and my Trojans were damn lucky that didn't blow it! Yes Boise State looks good.

So happy to see the Shmucks get their butts handed to them by LSU!!

Colorado Cowboy
09-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Today get to see how USC matches up with Utah. They better play better than last week or they will get their first loss of the year!

Colorado Cowboy
09-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Hung on by the skin of their teeth.....again. Too bad they can't put it all together just once for a whole game!

Booner
09-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Ya, The huskers can't seem to pull it together either, but I at least they won I guess. Will see what they have come this weekend!

Colorado Cowboy
09-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Leaving tomorrow AM for 2 weeks in Wyoming for my wilderness elk hunt....no tv or radio. Have to see all the scores are when I get back.

thump&dump
09-14-2011, 12:10 AM
there is nothing better in this world than the fall, when football and hunting coincide. My wife hates it!! I am a BYU fan and a colts fan and it looks like it is going to be a long season rooting for them but I love the game so much that I watch pretty much watch any game on. this week is a big rival week the cougs vs the utes. I hope they don't disapoint me again like last week with texas.

Booner
09-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Going to watch the Huskers vs. Cowboys game tomorrow! Look out Laramie, Nebraska boys are headed to town! Anyone know of any good places to go in Laramie before and after the game?

dewey
09-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Anybody here watch fcs football? I am a huge ndsu fan! I got to watch ndsu beat a bcs program in Minnesota @ their beautiful tcf bank stadium. I know bitterrootbulls is a mt st bobcats fan.

Dewey

Elkoholic307
10-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Anyone know of any good places to go in Laramie before and after the game?

Brown & Gold Outlet so you can wear some real colors.

Booner
10-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Brown & Gold Outlet so you can wear some real colors.
Haha, we had a lot of people give us crap, some even told us where we could buy some brown and gold. It was a good time. I can't give up the Red even though we were on the receiving end of a beat down last night. We did have a great burger at tommy jacks in laramie. I will go there again if I ever make it back there.

Colorado Cowboy
10-03-2011, 07:16 AM
SC barely hung on to beat Az. Looks like the defense has a long way to go before they are going to be a great team this year! Bye week coming up.

Bitterroot Bulls
10-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Anybody here watch fcs football? I am a huge ndsu fan! I got to watch ndsu beat a bcs program in Minnesota @ their beautiful tcf bank stadium. I know bitterrootbulls is a mt st bobcats fan.

Dewey

Looks like NDSU and MSU both won on Saturday. They should hit the polls close together this week. App State lost to Wofford. Both teams (NDSU and MSU) have some tougher competition this week (Southern Illinois and Portland State, respectively).

dewey
10-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey Bitterroot looks like MSU is #3 and NDSU is #4 in one of the polls. Like you said Southern Illinois was pre season #3 in the Missouri Valley Conference and NDSU was #2 so it will be interesting to see how the game goes. Southern Illinois has struggled so far so they not be as good as people thought but it is in Carbondale Ill. I like NDSU 24-13 over S Ill this weekend. Is the game with Portland State away or home? What is your prediction on that game?

Hey Bitterroot if NDSU plays MSU in the playoffs this year we should get together and do some tailgating, hopefully it would be in Fargo:)

Here is the link.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/TSN-DIV-1AA-POLL.htm

Dewey

Bitterroot Bulls
10-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Dewey,

I think MSU wins a close one 24-21 in Portland. PSU has scored a lot of points this season, but they haven't faced a FCS defense of MSU's caliber yet.

Colorado Cowboy
10-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Looks like my Trojans finally put 2 halves (offense & defense) together and won in front of a really hostile crown in South Bend. We'll see this week if they can do the same against Stanford, if they can't it will be a long night for them. Fight On!

Bitterroot Bulls
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Checking in again on the FCS football polls (Coaches and Sports Network). Dewey, looks like your bison are #1! But don't get too comfortable, my Bobcats are right there at #2! Let's hope for a postseason showdown!

Colorado Cowboy
10-31-2011, 06:01 PM
We was robbed, should never have gone to o/t. Oh well, the Trojans played a great game, probably their best of the year.

ceby7
11-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Don't forget about those Griz BB, I'm ready for the showdown in a few weeks!!

Bitterroot Bulls
11-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Don't forget about those Griz BB, I'm ready for the showdown in a few weeks!!

Always the game of the year, ceby7. I can't wait.

dewey
11-04-2011, 10:44 PM
I got to watch the NDSU vs. UNI game and NDSU is better than last year. Especially their passing game. NDSU has 3 games left but if they win out all of their playoff games will be in Fargo. I got to see the MT vs. PSU game a couple of weeks ago and Mt has a very good defense, it was also one of the worst officiated games I may have ever seen but the Griz still won. The cats griz game should be a good one in a couple of weeks.

Hey BB how is the elk hunting going? Any luck on finding that pig you had video of from this summer?

Good luck.

Dewey

Colorado Cowboy
11-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Colorado no real test for the Trojans. No let down after Stanford. Just waiting for Oregan.

Fight On!

Booner
11-05-2011, 01:51 PM
haha, I don't think colorado is much of a test for anyone. Think they shoulda joined the mountain west conf. That oregon game will be a good one. As for today, GO BIG RED! I hope they show up cause northwestern is one of those teams that'll get ya.

Booner
11-05-2011, 06:10 PM
that was embarrassing, northwestern got us!

Colorado Cowboy
11-19-2011, 10:39 PM
SC finally got the Ducks tonight!! They can't go to a bowl game, but this was just as good.:)

Colorado Cowboy
11-27-2011, 08:17 AM
SC literally burried UCLA last night 50 - o to end their season. Too bad Reggie Bush has to get greedy and start getting his millions before he signed in the NFL. The way the Trojans are playing, USC vs LSU for the National Championship would be a great game. If Barkley decides to stay another year (and wait for HIS millions!), USC will be the tream to beat all year!

FIGHT ON !!!

Booner
11-28-2011, 09:26 PM
yes, they have an impressive team this year. It is too bad for those kids who can't play a bowl game for stuff they didn't do.

Colorado Cowboy
12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Hot off the press....Matt Barkley is not going to enter the draft. He is staying for his senior. USC should contend for the National Champiuonship and Barkley for the Heisman next year!

FIGHT ON