PDA

View Full Version : Elk calls

Drhorsepower
09-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I want to pick up some calls, being a newbie to elk hunting I wanted to get some seasoned advice on calls. I am looking at something other than wallie world carries. I want quality and sound obviously. Wutcha guys think? Also advice on an instructional DVD? How did you guys learn?

Jon Boy
09-12-2011, 08:35 AM
For a bugle I just use primos mouth calls like the sonic dome, I have a few others but cant think of there names. For cow calls I use the hyper lip single and imakadabullcrazy both by primos. The later is my favorite Ive called in alot of bulls with that single cow call and I dont see many people using them, really easy to use as well.

jenbickel
09-12-2011, 09:05 AM
I use the widowmaker for a cow call and da wild thang for a bugle. Both by Mossback Game Calls.. I love them both very much. They sound great and are incredibly easy to use.

wyo_backcountry
09-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Bugling Bull game calls have all kinds of different calls, mouth diaphram calls that you can make any sound an elk makes with. They have instructional DVD/CD. Also check out elknut.com he has a few different instructional DVD's. I own all different kinds/brands of elk calls some work better than others I feel sometimes but I always pack a couple different ones for calling.

RUTTIN
10-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Bugling Bull game calls have all kinds of different calls, mouth diaphram calls that you can make any sound an elk makes with. They have instructional DVD/CD. Also check out elknut.com he has a few different instructional DVD's. I own all different kinds/brands of elk calls some work better than others I feel sometimes but I always pack a couple different ones for calling. +1 great info from elknut.com and bugling bull makes some of the best calls around.

Drhorsepower
10-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks guys.all good info.

tom
02-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Wayne Carlton's fighting cow call and ABE & SON bugle tube are what I use. easy to use and very efective

dustyboots
02-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Bugling Bull game calls have all kinds of different calls, mouth diaphram calls that you can make any sound an elk makes with. They have instructional DVD/CD. Also check out elknut.com he has a few different instructional DVD's. I own all different kinds/brands of elk calls some work better than others I feel sometimes but I always pack a couple different ones for calling.

another 1+ for elknut Paul is a great guy and knows his elk and bugling bull game calls are great as well. The temptress from elk101.com is another good call

T43
02-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I got the 4 DVD set from elknut and have been able to keep up with them using my Carlton's mouth reeds and the two cow calls I already had. Turns out the two main calls he uses in the dvd's are the two calls I have always used. Now I just have a better idea of when and how to use them.