PDA

View Full Version : Bugling Bull Game Call Company

Morrison4375
02-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Anybody have sucess with there calls ? And which ones do you use and have sucess with ?

TwoBear
02-26-2011, 06:04 PM
I just picked some up a month or so ago and I like them. Have not used them in the woods yet so no report on success. I have heard from Paul that they have a new one out that is supposed to be pretty sweet, but I havn't had a chance to try it on for size yet. I have never used their tubes so no report from me on that.

trophyhill
02-28-2011, 01:49 PM
i like the Mini Master single and double myself because they fit my pallet best and sound great. i have all the other ones too. i was really liking the Screamin Tormentor but i was waring them out in a week or 2 of practicing with them. the last thing i need is the latex to tear at "the moment of truth"

A3dhunter
02-28-2011, 09:46 PM
I've used them and like them better than any others, I like the green and red ones.

Oh yeah, Two Bear and Trophyhill......you could have let me know this forum was open! Just left me hanging at A.T. while the action slowed, now I know why! You can run but you can't hide!

trophyhill
02-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I've used them and like them better than any others, I like the green and red ones.

Oh yeah, Two Bear and Trophyhill......you could have let me know this forum was open! Just left me hanging at A.T. while the action slowed, now I know why! You can run but you can't hide!

hey alright. another bow killer has arrived.

Da White Shoe
02-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Move over boys! I'm here too!

THEBUGLER
02-28-2011, 11:55 PM
The blue "Remady", and the brown "Raging Bull" reeds, and the Bully Bull tube are a slam dunk for me.:)

03-01-2011, 03:20 PM
I have used a few of the reeds, brown and green, and the monarch bugle. I love them all. They are just different enough from all the brands of calls Wal Mart and other big stores carry that most elk have never heard them. Makes the difference for me.

ElkNut1
03-01-2011, 06:27 PM
They're very good calls! I've used them all at one time or another & have not found any bad ones all will call elk with little issues as long as the caller does his part! At present I'm pretty partial to the New Challenge Reed, it's pretty darned good!

ElkNut1

Morrison4375
03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Anyone tried the new all star reed that corey jacobson designed ?

Morrison4375
03-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Bugler you are right the bully bull grunt tube and the brown raging bull reed are deadly have real good luck getting roosevelt bulls on the Oregon Coast fired up with that combo.

RUTTIN
03-04-2011, 06:00 PM
I have one of their mountain monarch bugles, and just picked up the new select a bull call. The only bad thing about them is if you are in heavily hunted areas, you are going to get sick of calling in people, they can't tell the difference. Sold a lot of calls when people ask me what I am using and I tell them they want one. Mellow yellow and the external reed cow call will bring em in also great calls

Sharpstick
03-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Monarch bugle and the yellow reed are the ones I use and have had success.

03-08-2011, 12:07 AM
I haven't tried that one but as soon as the mail gets it here I will let you know what I think.

THEBUGLER
03-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Anyone tried the new all star reed that corey jacobson designed ?

I just returned from Reno Nv. after competing in the Elk calling contest with good friends and many excellent callers. The ELK101 ALL STAR was the diaphragm that won two #1 titles this year at the RMEF World Elk Calling Championships in Reno. Corey Jacobsen took first in the Pros, and I was fortunate enough to take first place in the Mens division.:) Corey's sister Misty jacobsen took first in the womens also. Bugling Bull's calls took first place in every division except for Voice calling!

shed
03-11-2011, 12:00 AM
I have been playing with the new allstar from elk101and they are simple to use and sound great.

307Wapiti
03-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Are most of those single reed calls? I've used the triple reed carlton call with good results. I watched some of those RMEF videos on YouTube. Those folks know what they're doing, and if those are single reeds, then that is truly impressive. Has anyone ever actually used a lip-ball in the field with success?

THEBUGLER
03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Most of Bugling Bull's reeds are single latex, with the exception of a couple. The reeds used by the winners in the contest were singles. Ive used the "lip bawl" during hunts where I'm trying to match bugles with a large dominant herd bull. Ive experienced by calling this way, the herd bull's ego gets the best of him and he has something to prove against his new opponent. Seems to intimidate less dominant bulls. Just my theory;)............

ElkNut1
03-12-2011, 07:44 AM
307, yes single reeds can belt out some excellent sounds, a lot depends on the "stretch of the latex as that's where you can get your aggressive sounds or extremely soft sounds. Some latex's as the All Star single reed have a stretch of aprox .80 the Raging Bull single .92 the Scream N Tormentor .105 these are aprox. The larger the number the tighter the latex. Each manufacturer will dictate their desired stretch so you can see not all single reeds are created equal! The same applies for doubles & triples, each company can have different tensions on their latex where it makes them different from other companies with like layering!

Yes, lip bawls when used correctly can be a great tool. The same as a cow sound or classic location bugle. Short screams with a short lip bawl are for keeping cows together or gathering them together or pulling a stubborn one to a bull calling her to him. Powerful screams with a much growlier & deeper lip bawl & longer in tone are for pure challenges & intimidation's towards another bull. The shorter version is generally used by a bull 2-3 times inside a minute when urgently trying to maintain control or calling his herd together for possible escape or if feel threatened by another bull or predator. It's called a "round-up bugle" Hope it helps!

ElkNut1

THEBUGLER
03-13-2011, 10:35 AM
You can check out the bugling action at the contest. http://elk101.com/features/2011-rmef-world-elk-calling-championships/

shed
03-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Dirk, that is good video. You guys at 101 did outstanding! Congrats on the wins.

ElkNut1
03-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Yep, watched it, great job Dirk!!

ElkNut1

THEBUGLER
03-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys!

mthuntress
03-18-2011, 12:08 AM
My brother just won a Bugling Bull Game Call{cow call} at Rockies outdoor show in Kalispell,MT this past weekend and he's all ready to try it this bow season.I liked the sound of it so much that I'm going to buy one for myself next month;I might even buy a bugle while I'm at it.

ID_MW
04-27-2011, 03:24 PM
I like the bully bull grunt tube; and also use the 105 (yellow) and 100 (blue-flat top) diaphragms. The tube gets LOUD! Do not like the sound from the conquerer mouthpiece, though, just doesn't sound good to me. Thats just opinion. The bugling bull reeds break in nice, sound good, but I have had issues with durability. That said, they are just diaphragm calls, and easy to replace.