PDA

View Full Version : Kaycee wy mule deer hunting

birdhunter
10-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Ive been hearing good things about the mule deer in or around Kaycee this year. Ive been thinking about hunting there next year. I know the area can be very rough and was wondering how the public access was. I have been told units 32 and 33 have a lot of private but also hold some public that has good deer. Anyone have any more info on the public access or suggestions on any of the other areas around kaycee that have good deer?

westernwannabe
10-14-2011, 09:47 AM
I've hunted there once I'm not a expert by no means but would be willing to help anyway I can. I'll shoot ya a pm later and tell ya what I know about the area. There are a few others on the forum who live close to the area that will probably be more helpful though.

birdhunter
10-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks wannabe, that would be great. Any information is helpful. I live just about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away but have never hunted in that area. Just hoping to get a shot at a 140-160 class mulie. Anything bigger would be great. I will be hunting the archery season. Maybe the rifle if I get another chance to get there.