PDA

View Full Version : Late season elk?

sigpros
10-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Is it to late to put togther a late season elk hunt this year? My grandpa is wanting to go if we can get a trip set up. I have never hunted the late season and it has been years since I have been out to colorado. Is there anyway to get a cow tag? We used to hunt around Salida. But I am open to places to go. Would love to get my grandpa on a bull. He has never killed one. He would be beside himself if he shot a 4 pointer. Thanks for any help on my trip

In God We Trust
10-15-2011, 07:41 PM
First season just started today. 2nd season starts next weekend and 3rd and 4th seasons start in November. 3rd season has over the counter bull tags for a lot of units. There are still some left over cow tags for all of the seasons. Check out the division of wildlife website for a leftover license list. Let me know if you have any more questions.

sigpros
10-15-2011, 08:31 PM
When do they set the dates for fourth season? I couldn't find a date on the dow site. I want a cow tag because I want some tastey meat. Feed the deer to the dog and put the elk meat in the freezer

In God We Trust
10-16-2011, 08:31 AM
http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/SeasonDatesAndFees/Pages/BigGameDatesAndFees.aspx
Here is the website. It starts Nov. 16 and runs through Nov. 20.

sigpros
10-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the link