PDA

View Full Version : My Achery season for 2011

brandenbowhunter
12-29-2011, 07:37 PM
had a decent year...can't complain too bad...

A decent velvet mule deer...
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii188/187elk/Ramhuntelkand2011deer041.jpg

P&y spot and stalk lope...
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii188/187elk/Branden2011speedgoat007.jpg

Got a turkey also...the rest of the tags got punched with the firestick!

jenbickel
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM
very nice! Looks like you had a great 2011 season! congrats to you!

brandenbowhunter
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Can't complain...got to miss a wolf and an elk...could have been better if I connected...but was still a great year...

jenbickel
12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I want to get a wolf SO bad! I know the feeling of missing an elk.... lol story of my hunting season this year!

brandenbowhunter
12-29-2011, 08:09 PM
I got one with the rifle..so can't complain too loud! LOL

Ikeepitcold
12-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I've seen your head gear used on a hunting show before but have never used one myself. What's your thoughts on them?

brandenbowhunter
12-29-2011, 10:35 PM
You would be talking RAndy Newburgs On Your Own Adventures....he asked to have it...we did not pay him or anyone...still trying to get it started...
It works great...truely the only thing that allows you to move a little..and breaks up the human silouette into something animals expect to move...you are not shooting around anything or have a sail attatched to your bow. hands free and mobile
Can't wait to get the elk and mule deer out! Mule deer is scary helpful!

Ikeepitcold
12-29-2011, 11:00 PM
You would be talking RAndy Newburgs On Your Own Adventures....he asked to have it...we did not pay him or anyone...still trying to get it started...
It works great...truely the only thing that allows you to move a little..and breaks up the human silouette into something animals expect to move...you are not shooting around anything or have a sail attatched to your bow. hands free and mobile
Can't wait to get the elk and mule deer out! Mule deer is scary helpful!

Yep that's were I saw it. Great idea hope it takes off for you. I bet the Mule deer one will be pretty good. Those does are very curious and if tour hunting in the rut might just be the thing you need to close the distance.

Maxhunter
12-30-2011, 06:31 AM
Congrats! Nice trophies!

hardstalk
12-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Contracts on the season! Going rut muley hunting very soon where can i get a sweet hat? Would be fun to try.

brandenbowhunter
12-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Mule deer are not out yet working on it!

RUTTIN
12-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Great job, I could have used one on my antelope hunt last year. Great idea, hope you do well with it!

Jon Boy
12-31-2011, 05:00 PM
I will be ordering one of those mule deer hats when they come out!

Drhorsepower
12-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Hey if you are The one selling them, you need to not sell to anybody that lives in Utah! Those people are crazy and shoot anything that moves over there!!! I know I know not everybody and no no disrespect to utahians but you know what I mean

brandenbowhunter
12-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Haha...that is funny!

Drhorsepower
12-31-2011, 08:58 PM
At least make everybody sign an affidavit saying they will not use it in Utah!

Ikeepitcold
12-31-2011, 11:17 PM
Ya I didn't think about the people that will shoot at anything that moves. Dam that could be a real issue. I think maybe even more with the people in the white tail woods that come out to the west to hunt and don't have proper optics to tell the difference between a guy wearing a hat or the real thing. You would hope it wouldn't happen but it could happen. On the flip side I think it's a great idea.

brandenbowhunter
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh that has been thought of...archery only gear for that reason...and whitetail is on back burner...for that reason...

Ikeepitcold
01-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Oh that has been thought of...archery only gear for that reason...and whitetail is on back burner...for that reason...

I think that would be the best solution but you know some people just can't seem to heed the warnings. Still a great idea that has come up in a long time.

Ranchhand02
01-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Congrats on the great season.

Reflex
01-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Congrats on yours season! You shot a couple of great trophy's there. I have the antelope hat, but didnt' have much luck with it this year. I used it on an early season hunt in August and then again during the rut on the first weekend of October. I would like to hear some tips on how you use your decoy hat if you don't mind. I tried a lot of different things and it always resulted in a buck spooking and running away.

brandenbowhunter
01-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Stay as low as you can...don't try the walking right at them...that rarely works..had it work for a few guys...Didn't help that Randy and Bryce slayed them on TV with very little cover...it is like anything...you find a goat in the mood it is going to be the ticket...but for the most part...you still have to stalk them close...the decoy hat just buys you a couple of extra seconds...I have been charged a number of times like you get with a normal decoy too. See the doe hunt on you tube.