PDA

View Full Version : Lone Gray Wolf Wanders Into California!!!

Gamehog
12-30-2011, 09:31 AM
http://www.kcra.com/news/30099716/detail.html
http://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/wolf-or7-enters-california/

All I can say is WOW!! I hope he turns around and goes right back!!! :mad:

floorya
12-30-2011, 09:37 AM
with any luck it will eat nancy p.:)

Kevin Root
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Sad, but I can't say I'm very surprised. It's just a matter of time if they stay protected, delisted and they continue to introduce them most if not all the the other states in the USA will see similar sightings very soon as well.

Gamehog
12-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Very sad, especially since we are just now starting to get our Elk herds back. If the wolf is brought back to California, the Deer will for sure have no chance. Mountain Lion plus Wolf equals no deer. No control of either lions or wolves would devastate an already fragile deer and elk population in our state.

Ikeepitcold
12-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Wow. Every western state is going to suffer with this invsetation!

Colorado Cowboy
12-30-2011, 05:06 PM
S S S Don't need to say much more.

cali_hornhunter
12-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Yep its a pretty sad thing especially for this state as mentioned in earlier posts where elk and deer herds are fragile and its pretty sad when they interview a worker in outdoor shop behind a gun counter and stands up for the wolve instead of mentiong and talking about how this could affect hunting in this state but thats just me standing on my soap box saying he should've said something but he couldve and the news just edited it out

Kevin Root
12-31-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm not a rancher but I'd imagine they are not all that happy about it as well. Once the wolves start coming in packs, California's 10 billion dollar a year livestock industry could be decimated as well. The federal government currently pays for wolf compensation for wolf related livestock loss and 10 states received a bit over a million dollars last year but California was not one of them. One has to wonder how much longer the feds will continue to pay for wolf livestock loss when wolves continue to spread throughout the USA.

HuntWYODon
01-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Very sad, especially since we are just now starting to get our Elk herds back. If the wolf is brought back to California, the Deer will for sure have no chance. Mountain Lion plus Wolf equals no deer. No control of either lions or wolves would devastate an already fragile deer and elk population in our state.

Gamehog,
You are right on the money. Ca. will embrace the wolves and protect them like they do mtn. lions. The animal rights wacko's and tree hugger's will be peeing all over themselves. We don't have the herds that can sustain more pressure than the already have from lions,coyotes and even bears not mention car collision mortality. The way the article was written sounds like a wolve lover. They down played the damage to livestock and in their own habitat kills. Wonder if they have read any news from Id., Mt., or Wy. lately ? 3S tags my azz. Leave them lay.

ID_MW
01-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Good luck with this one California. Welcome to thunderdome...

HuntWYODon
01-03-2012, 04:07 PM
I hope the thunder is from thunder sticks (rifles) ....

sethkuhl
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
The only good wolf is the one in lil red riding hood stories

HuntWYODon
01-05-2012, 03:08 PM
That was the "Bad" wolf sethkuhl ! LOL !
I think he eventually got shot by Little Red Riding Hood's Dad .

Drhorsepower
01-05-2012, 03:23 PM
with any luck it will eat nancy p.:)

Haha. It's for the greater good!

bigmoose
01-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Check these guys out. We are not talking little coyote sized animals. These guys can kill most anything out in the woods!2340233923412342

These are a few from Idaho's wolf season these last few years.

Moose

ID_MW
01-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Seen a few of these pictures years ago, come on man! (fun pictures though)

bigmoose
01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
My apologies ID_MW. I had just received these last week. Glad to see someone up on things.

sjsmallfield
01-07-2012, 03:29 PM
They are still some of my favorite pics on this forum. Lol

Colorado Cowboy
01-07-2012, 04:16 PM
I admit I havn't seen a wolf up close, only 4 to 500 yards away, but these photos look a little strange to me. I have a hard time with the size of the wolves in the pictures...a little photoshop maybe!!!

bigmoose
01-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Colorado Cowboy...I can't say if they have been photoshopped as I did not take the photos. These were passed along to me. My brother lives in the Idaho panhandle and has assured me that the wovles do get this big. This was the reason I posted. A few of these guys get together and they could take down most any animal out in the woods.

"Coming soon to a neighborhood near you!"

Moose

sjsmallfield
01-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Hey bigmoose sent you a PM.

Bitterroot Bulls
01-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Those photos are legit (although I was emailed several of them before last season). When you see one up close, they are pretty impressive. If somebody says, "I don't know if it was a coyote or a wolf.", it was a coyote. There have been wolves over 200 pounds killed in MT, but I would guess the average adult is something like 120-150.

They are big.

HuntWYODon
01-09-2012, 03:10 PM
I've seen wolves up close twice. First time in 2001 at the end of South Fork , near Cody. I was hunting with a friend who was near by. I thought it was a coyote at first. I was deer hunting and didn't really want to make the noise with a shot. I had my rifle laying across a stump watching him through my scope at about 200 yds. , I decided what the heck I was going to shoot the yoodle dog. I kept thinking, man, he looks big. I watched him sniffing around the bushes for a minute or so and he kept looking bigger. Then it hit me ! A dam wolf ! I almost pulled the trigger on a wolf ! They had a sign at the Game and Fish trailer asking to report wolf sightings. The guy didn't even give a cr@p. Found out following year they killed two wolves in the same area that were going after livestock. Saw the other one coming through Yellowstone not too far from east gate Nov. 2002. That one was almost all white. Just trotting down the side of the road with no worries. I guessed it to be a female. The first one a male. Haven't seen any since. Only grizzlies everywhere...