PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Mule deer Unit 75

rfurman24
01-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Me and a few buddies are looking to apply for 75 muzzleloader tags this year. I am looking for any and all info and help you are willing to give. We would obviously like to see deer and would like to do the best we can at staying away from people. We are willing to go as deep as we can get in a days hike. I am not looking for anyone's gps coordinates to their honey holes just some help. Thanks.

xtreme
02-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Sorry, but I dont know enough about those units to help you. Be sure and spend some time on the game and fish web site. Their unit tips is very good at giving you a starting place. Good luck

EBOLAVIRS
02-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Hunted a unit nearby last year looked like numbers were down, but where aren't they down? Hunt hard and you will still have a good time.

BKC
02-29-2012, 02:34 PM
rfurman24, Most of the public land is in the northern part of this unit. There are some big bucks in this unit in the south but on a lot of private land and they hang around the hay/alfalfa fields. One thing to keep in mind, the ml season starts on the 8th of sept., about as early as it has been in a long time. You might want to go to timberline as there may be some bucks there that have just shed their velvet or still have velvet on. You will catch them right at this level. Good luck!

NM_Archer
02-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Hunted this unit in september with my bow, didnt see a lot of deer, but did see some quality bucks. Unfortunatly I missed a decent 3x4 and on the last day of hunt took a really nice doe. Ran into a lot of Elk hunters in this unit, which is odd cause we didnt see a single elk. Hunt high for the best luck I would say.

Graylight
02-29-2012, 05:30 PM
You most likely won't be able to get away from people... These units are getting way too much attention lately and the truth be told, there are a few great bucks but tough to find. There's no secret to this hunt... You will be at timberline for the best chance at a good deer. The bucks will be right at the point of shedding their velvet, so be aware that once they shed... They're gone fast! They go into the dark timber until the migration starts and they stage up... You can expect to hunt 160 type bucks in that whole area and any other units surrounding it... There are a few guy's pulling out a couple 180's but not many. There are TON's of hikers there, deer don't seem to mind much though... Scout early, so you know what buck you want on the opener... You are so close to the time they shed, you don't want to be stuck hunting after they shed! Good luck!