PDA

View Full Version : Deer Pics

Ikeepitcold
01-18-2012, 07:57 PM

Dr here are some of the pics we were talking about. A bit grainy because i was zoomed in all the way and it was getting dark.

Bitterroot Bulls
01-18-2012, 08:05 PM
I like that first buck IKIC. Good forks on that guy.

Ikeepitcold
01-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Yes he's a solid 190" I couldn't get pics from the front but he's pushing 32" wide first two pics are the same deer. The third have crab claws on top of every point.

Kevin Root
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Yes he's a solid 190" I couldn't get pics from the front but he's pushing 32" wide first two pics are the same deer. The third have crab claws on top of every point.

Looks like a shooter to me. Those tines look long on the first two pics. I hope you can seal the deal come hunting season.

Drhorsepower
01-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks for posting them! What time of year did you take the pictures of the first buck?

Ikeepitcold
01-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Those were in early Oct. The last was in early Nov

packer58
01-18-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm with Bitterroot Bulls.............From what i can see, that buck has WELL above average mass & very nice forks......NICE

Ikeepitcold
01-18-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm with Bitterroot Bulls.............From what i can see, that buck has WELL above average mass & very nice forks......NICE

This bucks daddy was hit by a car the same year I took these pics. I've heard a few stories about what happen but don't know for sure. I do know I saw daddy but didn't have a camera and never saw him again. This year there was a nice 180" 4x5 and a couple 160" 4x4s in the same spot. Crazy thing is it's about 3 blocks from industrial building and homes.

Ikeepitcold
01-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Looks like a shooter to me. Those tines look long on the first two pics. I hope you can seal the deal come hunting season.

He is very tall. A real cool typical buck.

Ikeepitcold
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
It's pretty cool to have those kind of genetics so close to a populated area. I can sit in my back yard with a spotting scope and look for these deer. A little far away for pics but a 2 min drive and they are 1000 yards away. Two years ago there were 5 bucks in a group that just hung out most of the late summer early fall all different sizes but looked to be all related.

packer58
01-19-2012, 04:49 PM
It's very cool to be able to glass good bucks from your lawnchair. Just north of you in Susanville the standard joke is "man.....there's as many good bucks walking down mainstreet as there are in the hills" :) You probably hear the same thing. Northern Reno area is a classic example of urban sprawl eating up winter range. Areas north of N. Virginia st. and Red Rock are a couple of examples of urban expantion into prime deer country.

Ikeepitcold
01-19-2012, 04:57 PM
It's very cool to be able to glass good bucks from your lawnchair. Just north of you in Susanville the standard joke is "man.....there's as many good bucks walking down mainstreet as there are in the hills" :) You probably hear the same thing. Northern Reno area is a classic example of urban sprawl eating up winter range. Areas north of N. Virginia st. and Red Rock are a couple of examples of urban expantion into prime deer country.

Yes for sure those are great winter range areas. Funny about what they say in Susanville, I have seen a few deer when passing through. It gives me the incentive to hike the hills after a good look at the winter range and see what's really up there.

Drhorsepower
01-19-2012, 05:00 PM

Are you from susanville? Lassen high is my alma mater. If that is spelled correctly, I did go to lassen so I have an excuse!

Ikeepitcold
01-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Are you from susanville? Lasses high is my alma mater. If that is spelled correctly, I did go to lessen so I have an excuse!

Hahahha here we go with the spelling again Dr. JK

Drhorsepower
01-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Hahahha here we go with the spelling again Dr. JK

I had to change it! It was more lack of paying attention than anything!

packer58
01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
That's funny....I graduated from Lassen High in "76", as best I can remember, reading, writing and spelling were not required to graduate.................staying on a horse long enough to pen cows WAS :D Anyway, we surely have some boottracks on some of the same mountains for sure......

Drhorsepower
01-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Absolutely. My dad graduated from there in 75. Last name is bertrand.

packer58
01-19-2012, 10:39 PM
I know the name but can't put a face to it...........

Drhorsepower
01-19-2012, 10:42 PM

eblondheim
01-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Nice Buck!!!