PDA

View Full Version : Possible "For Sale" section

Brocka
01-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Has anyone ever thought of doing a "For Sale" thread/section? Maybe a good way to pass on stuff not used anymore? Just a thought.

Brock

Drhorsepower
01-25-2012, 12:41 PM
It has been brought up before a few times, been shot down... Should be a poll though to get a fair vote

Brocka
01-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Yea just a though, I know they have one on the Snowmobile forum I am part of and I have scored some sweet deals!

Bitterroot Bulls
01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
I love the idea.

However, you wouldn't want people signing up to just hock their wares. So maybe a 50 post minimum before you are allowed to post something for sale. Also other rules, like no commercial business, no spamming, etc.

Drhorsepower
01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Also a sticky of positive sellers would be good.

Brocka
01-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Great idea on a "post minimum". I think it would help out the younger crowd on getting started on a few of the more expensive things! Also I would agree with the no commercial use & spam.

jay
01-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm all for it guys, you got my vote.

hvfd21walker
01-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Thats a great idea. I have some stuff I could get rid of.

Brocka
01-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Is there a way a moderator could set up a pole with a brief list of rules?

Shaun
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Great Idea

jenbickel
01-25-2012, 09:30 PM
YES. I like this idea as well. I like buying things.

Muleys 24/7
01-25-2012, 09:36 PM
I'd be intrested in seeing a forsale/section thread

Ikeepitcold
01-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Is there a way a moderator could set up a pole with a brief list of rules?

I think you can set up a poll. There is another one running now on another thread. As far as the moderator he's tough to get ahold of. I'm assuming it's due to the show season rite now and he is very busy.

wolftalonID
01-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Keep in mind why Eastmans has chosen to not to a BST section. It has been proven by forum moderators not just here but other forums as well, myself included in the history of moderation of forums, that BST sections are a liability beyond reason. Its tough to moderate, and one mans idea of a well taken care of item is another mans pile of crap, and vise versa.
When one well known member sells an item to another well known member and a disagreement ensues, staff will have a near impossible choice to make when it comes to involving themselves in the mediation.
Also some companies in the past have been drawn into legal action over BST forums that is costly and avoidable.
Being Eastmans is a worldwide forum, its much easier to use places that are more local to you where you can see your item in person prior to a money exchange. Such places like online classifieds and craigslist, ect.
Much safer for the both parties and alleviates the liability of Eastmans on a deal that could be sour.

Dont mistake this insight for what it is not, as I myself have done well with BST sections in the past on other sites. I just have had to deal with moderating sour deals one too many times as well.

If Eastmans is to do this, I would recommend, a minimum post, as well as a time active on the forum minimum prior to allowance into the BST club. 200 post minimum and 6 months active posting.
A forum moderator controlled access forum with a consensus of the currently allowed BST members. Like a vote to allow a new club member. This would allow those in the club a chance to review posts and forum attitude of possible new members prior to them coming on board.
A feed back required for every deal for others to review.
Its an idea but one that takes full time moderation to handle.
It would take an internet geek to hang out here......
anyone know a candidate?

Brocka
01-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Ah very nice, did not know I could do that! Anyway, its set up...Vote away!

Ranchhand02
01-26-2012, 01:09 PM
I would be all for a it. I am trying to get some gear rounded up for my first hunt out west.

BobT
01-26-2012, 01:24 PM
I voted yes, I'm new here but belong to a bunch of other forums, most of them have BST sections. I fully support minimum post counts and or minimum length of membership. I don't think a 200 post count is reasonable though, I try not to post unless I have something I think is helpful to say and may never get to 200 posts. I'm pretty new to the DIY western hunting scene so I'm mostly here to learn, I don't really have a lot to offer on most of the subjects as a noob so I subscribe to the "better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt" theory .

Bob

jenbickel
01-26-2012, 01:53 PM
If Eastmans is to do this, I would recommend, a minimum post, as well as a time active on the forum minimum prior to allowance into the BST club. 200 post minimum and 6 months active posting.
A forum moderator controlled access forum with a consensus of the currently allowed BST members. Like a vote to allow a new club member. This would allow those in the club a chance to review posts and forum attitude of possible new members prior to them coming on board.
A feed back required for every deal for others to review.
Its an idea but one that takes full time moderation to handle.
It would take an internet geek to hang out here......
anyone know a candidate?

I definitely agree on there being a minimum amount of posts you have to do before you can post on it.
I would totally be a full time moderator.. I have no life... and I'm smarter than your average bear... and I'm on here almost constantly anyways..lol

buckbull
01-26-2012, 02:58 PM
I definitely agree on there being a minimum amount of posts you have to do before you can post on it.
I would totally be a full time moderator.. I have no life... and I'm smarter than your average bear... and I'm on here almost constantly anyways..lol

Something ain't right with those Wyoming boys if there's a woman who likes to hunt and has no life.

sjsmallfield
01-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm all for it if moderated correctly.

Something ain't right with those Wyoming boys if there's a woman who likes to hunt and has no life.
I think they are afraid of her MMA skills. Lol

Montana
01-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I think it would be a great idea... I like the minimum post idea.... I even like the idea of a hunt swap section.

Drhorsepower
01-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I think it would be a great idea... I like the minimum post idea.... I even like the idea of a hunt swap section.

Hunt swap might cause some bad blood! Every man is free to make that call but I would not be posting in it. I know it has worked out well for alot of people in the past though.…

HuntinFool
01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
I love getting stuff off of classifieds.

Montana
01-28-2012, 07:47 AM
So how does this work? How many votes need to be obtained to get the green light? Anyone know?

Muleys 24/7
01-28-2012, 11:55 AM
So how does this work? How many votes need to be obtained to get the green light? Anyone know?I was wondering the same thing???

Montana
01-28-2012, 08:37 PM
I was wondering the same thing???

Anyone know?

Bitterroot Bulls
01-28-2012, 08:51 PM
If Eastman's started the poll, there probably would be a threshold, but since a forum member started it, it is just an idea for the Eastmans to ponder.

WyoBowhunter
01-28-2012, 11:16 PM
I love the idea of this. I hate having to go to eBay to look for hunting stuff.