PDA

View Full Version : offsetting vanes??

chad
02-03-2012, 08:33 AM
I just watched western extreme and Jim showed how he offset his 2 inch blazers to give him a 3 inch vane profile. He said it stabilizes his arrows out of his new ultra fast bow better. Anyone ever heard of this or better yet done it?

Muleys 24/7
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
I just watched western extreme and Jim showed how he offset his 2 inch blazers to give him a 3 inch vane profile. He said it stabilizes his arrows out of his new ultra fast bow better. Anyone ever heard of this or better yet done it?
I seen that one too, and was wonderin the same thing?

ontarget7
02-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Honestly it will stabilize a weak spine arrow a little faster but IMO thats not the answer. When you are spined right with your set up you will see no difference between the 2 as far as stabilization. However you will see better overall performance from the right spine. Especially broadhead to field point and long range accuracy. Remember the arrow is your foundation your tuning process starts from.

Grizz
02-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Gospel there brother!

Maxhunter
02-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Honestly it will stabilize a weak spine arrow a little faster but IMO thats not the answer. When you are spined right with your set up you will see no difference between the 2 as far as stabilization. However you will see better overall performance from the right spine. Especially broadhead to field point and long range accuracy. Remember the arrow is your foundation your tuning process starts from.

Totally agree!

pronghorn
02-07-2012, 12:45 PM
I tried it a few years ago, but switched back after talking to a friend who works in aerospace. He made fun of me, hurt my feelings. Now my arrows look normal again:)