PDA

View Full Version : Badlands Sacrifice

ProtonMadman
02-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Hello!

I just wanted to throw this out to EBJ subscribers that I have a Badlands Sacrifice for sale. I used this pack on my wilderness elk hunt last season and it worked great. Only problem was that the waist belt could not go tight enough on me for it to ride where I want. Other than that one issue, the pack was great. 3-4 days worth of gear, the pack is crazy lightweight and keeps you cool while hiking. They retail for $269 and I'm hoping to get $200 obo. Feel free to shoot me a message and I can get you some pictures. This pack needs a good home!

Haisen
02-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I had the same issue with the Sacrifice Pack, as well with the 2200 and the 4500. Badlands does not make their packs to fit smaller framed individuals. I was able to trade my Sacrifice pack on the Badlands Classifieds for the Eberlestock Just One Pack. Another ultra-light option that would fit your waist is the Kifaru UL 3700 or 5200. They both weigh under 3 lbs and can handle loads exceeding 100 lbs, where as the Sacrifice could handle around 60 lbs comfortably at the most.

Brands that make hunting packs with waist belts built for us smaller framed individuals are Kifaru, Eberlestock, and Mystery Ranch. I posted a relatively light weight option for the Mystery Ranch Nice Frame Load Sling that may be useful for cutting down weight without sacrificing too much durability. I will post more information on how the MR Nice Frame and Load Sling performs here in a couple months after I put it through rigorous test. Hope that helps if your also in search for a proper fitting pack.

ProtonMadman
02-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks Haisen!

I was surprised when the Sacrifice didn't fit me (i'm 6'2", 180 lbs.), but that's the way it goes I guess. On a better note, I pick up a Wilderness Pack Specialties Bighorn Pack with the compact frame while i was at the Washington Sportsmans Show. One hike around the show with 100lbs. of sandbags in it and I was sold.

I met some guys at a trailhead that had a Kifaru 5200 I believe. I have heard good things and judging by the load these guys had, it must ride pretty well. The material did look a little on the flimsy side, however, but that was just my observation.

I will look for your future post after you run your new pack through some field work; i'm always looking for some new, cool gear to add to the arsenal!

OKHUNTER
01-22-2013, 12:59 PM
What is your waist size? And do you still have the pack? I am looking at buying a Sacrifice pack.