PDA

View Full Version : New Pack

elkhunter1988
02-04-2012, 08:05 PM
I am looking for a new pack for the up and coming elk season. I have been researching the badlands 2800 and the Blue Widow. I thought i had one picked but then i started hearing that the badlands pack is noisey and that the BW is not made for taller people and that the load straps wont adjust right. I am really confused with all the terms and options. All i want is a pack that packs all my gear(which isn't alot I am mostly a weekend warrior) and that holds my bow, and if i had to pack out my elk i could do so without having to make an extra trip to the truck to get a pack frame. Is there anybody that could help me out with this problem and maybe explain some of things i need to look for?

Moodie64
03-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Check out Mystery Ranch packs. There are different torso and hip belt sizes to accommodate any sized person. The crew cab or longbow would meet your needs of having enough capacity for a weekend trip and be able to carry your bow. Either of these packs have the NICE frame which can handle a lot of weight if you need to haul meat. These packs are expensive, but in my opinion if you spend the money you will not need another pack.