PDA

View Full Version : first time to wyo. needing help

mbuh84087
02-09-2012, 08:08 AM
thinking of putting in for unit #48 for antelope does anyone have the in and outs of this unit as in ease of access hunting opertunities and camping areas? any help will be appreciated.

Fish
02-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I hunted area 46 which is across from 48. I camped near a park in the town of Medicine Bow. Lots of hunters camping there. There is a lake with a camping area in area 46. Its close to the hwy and on the blm map. I hunted this area 5 years ago and I've heard they had some winter kill, but there was lots of lopes when I hunted it. I'd talk to the local warden and biologist for the area before you apply.

crumy
02-21-2012, 08:28 PM
I hunt in area 46 and have been in 48 a couple times. Both are pretty good. Public access can be a little hard but if you put your time in you will definitely get a shot at a decent goat. Last year was a little rough on the animals in southern wyoming but so far the winter has been mild. Hopefully that continues and they get grow a little. I don't know much about the camping since I live in Laramie I just drive in. good luck

dcannon
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
I have hunted 48 in the past. If you take the BLM road west from Hwy 77, there is a campground on the edge of the Shirley Mountains right as you enter area 48. There is a substantial amount of public land to hunt on from this location. A good BLM map will show all of the public land available in the area. The Shirley Mountains are all BLM, but I have never seen an antelope on them.