PDA

View Full Version : Oh NO SHE DIDNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buckeyeguy2299
02-14-2012, 05:26 AM
Just thought I would pass this along...very frustrating to see a country music star from OK join PETA

http://www.huntersagainstpeta.com/carrie-underwood-gives-200-grand-to-the-hsus

Old Hunter
02-14-2012, 07:01 AM
I use to like her.

Ikeepitcold
02-14-2012, 07:32 AM
I never cared for her myself.

Stringmusic
02-14-2012, 08:05 AM
She has been giving them money for years. A city girl with a husband that hunts. Of course he wont say any thing to her.

Joe Hulburt
02-14-2012, 08:25 AM
She is a fraud of a country singer anyhow. Those game show winners are all pretty shallow when it comes to making real music. Just one more reason to despise her...

Kevin Root
02-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Poor misguided soul, Carrie Underwood. PETA? I still like her music but I don't agree with her PETA decision. At least the county music industry has it's share of women hunting supporters like Kristy Lee Cook and Miranda Lambert to name a couple.

In all seriousness, there is a battle out there going to remove our hunting rights. If PETA has their way, we will all be vegetarians. Heck, I read on the PETA site for us all to make sure not to kill or be cruel to any bugs or rodents in our homes. Cockroaches, ants, wasps or bees, mice, rats, ect... Instead make sure we carefully help them out of our homes alive and unharmed. It's kind of funny until you see that PETA is serious.

Old Hunter
02-14-2012, 08:47 AM
She is a fraud of a country singer anyhow. Those game show winners are all pretty shallow when it comes to making real music. Just one more reason to despise her...

5 Grammy awards. She sure can't sing huh?

Drhorsepower
02-14-2012, 08:51 AM
She used to be hot! Not now. It's like that girl you see driving where you think DANG until she raises that cigarette hidden behind the door to her lips. It can turn a ten into a two as fast as a cutie joining PETA!

labman
02-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I am a OK boy as well and this just makes me sick!! She can sing but I have spent my last dollar buying any of her music!!

Joe Hulburt
02-14-2012, 11:20 AM
5 Grammy awards. She sure can't sing huh?

She can sing I suppose but I have no use for the whole "make a star from a game show" deal. There are plenty of incredible singers who write their own music and live the life to support with my money. That gal reminds me of Barbi and is about as deep.

Miranda Lambert is the real deal...and she hunts!

Old Hunter
02-14-2012, 12:19 PM
She can sing I suppose but I have no use for the whole "make a star from a game show" deal. There are plenty of incredible singers who write their own music and live the life to support with my money. That gal reminds me of Barbi and is about as deep.

Miranda Lambert is the real deal...and she hunts!

I agree completely, but she is one of the few that came from the show that can sing. She'd sing even better if she hunted. :)

jenbickel
02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
I used to like her.. lost a lot of that though when I read all that. ugh. freakin' PETA.

jenbickel
02-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Did anyone see this PETA commercial?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/does-peta-ad-featuring-young-pantsless-woman-neckbrace-222920818.html

Kevin Root
02-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Did anyone see this PETA commercial?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/does-peta-ad-featuring-young-pantsless-woman-neckbrace-222920818.html

Crazy. They are trying to sell their movement with the sex card? I still don't get the ad, I'm kind of dense I guess. Perhaps I need to eat more vegetables :D.

jenbickel
02-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Crazy. They are trying to sell their movement with the sex card? I still don't get the ad, I'm kind of dense I guess. Perhaps I need to eat more vegetables :D.

YES! They totally played the sex card! I guess one of their other commercials got banned because it was so bad. The commercial is supposed to be saying that if you become a vegan, you will have unbelievable strength and can do dirty things... Just totally crazy.. I'm honestly dumbfounded by it. lol

Jon Boy
02-14-2012, 04:52 PM
This is old news. Like 2 years old news lol Quit listening to her music when I first saw this

kdog514
02-14-2012, 05:39 PM
I wonder if she even realizes what all they do? Most people think of the Human Society and think of pet shelters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending, just don't understand people giving to organizations without researching them first.

Hopefully this was the case, but by now she should know to research her charities.

Sorry Carrie....

Kevin Root
02-14-2012, 06:01 PM
I wonder if she even realizes what all they do? Most people think of the Human Society and think of pet shelters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending, just don't understand people giving to organizations without researching them first.

Hopefully this was the case, but by now she should know to research her charities.

Sorry Carrie....

Welcome to the forum kdog514. I'm seeing this is your first post. Not sure if she did research or not either. I guess in the end it is her money to waste. I noticed today, just curious checking her site that she does give to some a bit better organizations, Habitat for Humanity and some others that I can't recall now. Like you, it surprises me when someone gets on the PETA movement as I'm just not on the same wave length as PETA and their way of thinking.

Joe Hulburt
02-14-2012, 07:16 PM

Sorry Carrie....

The HSUS tries to trick people into thinking they are helping pets. PETA is very well known for being an anti-hunting organization and if Carrie isn't bright enough to figure that out she deserves the bad rap she is getting. My opinion anyhow....

Shaun
02-14-2012, 07:43 PM
And I used to be in love with her :mad:

02-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Very disapointing to say the least. There is nothing country about that move.

ElkTrout
02-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Too bad! I thought she was to good to be true anyway! Oh well, we still have Miranda Lambert!

dustin ray
02-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Who is Carrie Underwood ?

Musket Man
02-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Not surprised. "country music" these days is mostly pop anyways. I would like to hear what Hank jr thinks about this!

kcaves
02-19-2012, 01:30 PM
I know mainly ppl around wyoming would be the only ones to hear about this but a couple years ago she pulled out of her concert at cheyenne frontier days after it sold out because she learned that there was rodeo at it, I remember cuz i had tickets, i don't like her, but i'd still prolly let her seduce me if she wanted. Call me shallow lol

jenbickel
02-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I know mainly ppl around wyoming would be the only ones to hear about this but a couple years ago she pulled out of her concert at cheyenne frontier days after it sold out because she learned that there was rodeo at it, I remember cuz i had tickets, i don't like her, but i'd still prolly let her seduce me if she wanted. Call me shallow lol

Typical male! ;) hahaha