PDA

View Full Version : Bowstring

bluedunn0
03-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Looking for new string for diamond black ice. Any suggestions on best brand? Thanks all

Archer32
03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I've had very good luck with Vaportrail strings. I'll set ata and bh, shoot about 25 arrows, retune and it doesn't move at all after that. No creep in extreme temps either. I've had four on my Matthews Legacy. Bought this bow brandnew in 2002 and can't put it down. I'm partial too a green and brown string, just like how it looks on the bow. Anything from a reputable seller will do ya good now days. Most won't creep once you put about 25-50 shots into it.

RUTTIN
03-05-2011, 04:28 PM
I shoot winners choice and have been impressed, like archer32 says, shoot it in, and forget about it.

03-05-2011, 07:30 PM
I see from your profile that your in North Dakota. Take a look at a guy in Saskatchewan who goes by the name of A+B Strings, or A+B Best strings. He makes some really nice stuff.

Shane
03-07-2011, 10:04 AM
There is also a guy in lethbridge that build excelent stings, him and his wife are also very accomplished archers and super nice people, he prefers to put the strings on for you and make sure everything is set correctly, and his price is better than anything I have found. Put a string on both of my bows and shot them in and the rechecked everything and nothing moves. He goes by Rocky Mountain Custom Bow Strings.

miller1
03-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Vaportrail strings are great and the have awsome CS

BEETLEGUY
03-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Call the boys and girls over at Vaportrail. They make an awesome string!

Roboz
03-10-2011, 07:23 PM
I like Americas Best bowstrings, they have served me well and never any peep rotation.

sjsmallfield
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Winners Choice for me. I have had three now and I can't find a reason to switch.

Stringmusic
03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Been using a Winners Choice. Not sure if they are worth the money, but I have not had issues.

MT.MAN
04-18-2011, 03:01 PM
www.gemcountyarchery.com has been making my wife and I our strings for many years. When I get a new bow it goes straight over to Robert's shop and get's one of his strings on it. I would put his strings up against anyone for quality and his service is next to none. I shoot well over 1000 arrows a summer at 3D shoots and never had a Gem County string fail me.

hoytnut
04-18-2011, 03:41 PM
There are quite a few great string makers out there. I have used Bucknasty strings on my last three bows with nary a complaint.

Maxhunter
04-18-2011, 07:56 PM
There are quite a few great string makers out there. I have used Bucknasty strings on my last three bows with nary a complaint.

Another vote for Buck Nasty his halo serving is unbelievable!

Jerry
04-19-2011, 11:36 PM
How often is it necessary to replace the string on your bow? Do they weaken with age?

Maxhunter
04-20-2011, 05:53 AM
How often is it necessary to replace the string on your bow? Do they weaken with age?

I shoot year round so I replace mine about every two years.

RUTTIN
04-20-2011, 07:46 AM
When I get a new bow I will shoot in the new string, and get everything dialed in. (string loop, and peep sight) Then I take that string off with the loop and peep still on, put a new one on and shoot it in. That way the original string I can use as a backup and it is ready to go. I shoot year round also, and if I take care of my string and my bow stays in spec, I can get 3 years out of them.

macker
04-20-2011, 08:42 AM
i make my own strings and really enjoy it. i take my time and get them just the way i like.....if i'm not happy, i just start over and it only costs a few dollars. the jig was spendy, but it is a stretcher and twister all in one unit, which makes it easy for a beginner to learn. it is the little jon string jig and i got it from Deezlin on Archerytalk. i make strings for all my relatives and have made enough to pay for it already.