PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming Draw

Musket Man
02-16-2012, 12:39 AM
I am trying to better understand the wyoming draw. I know if I draw my 2nd choice i wont loose my points but could i still get a point like in colorado or would they stay the same? What about the 2nd drawing? My main objective is building up points if i dont draw my 1st choice but i would like to hunt antelope this year.

Colorado Cowboy
02-16-2012, 08:40 AM
You are correct in Wyoming. In Colorado, if you don't draw your first choice and get your second choice, you would get a point...same as Wyoming. Of course you can buy the point in both states too, without entering the draw. The is also the possibility of buying the points and getting a leftover tag.

Musket Man
02-18-2012, 12:11 AM
So i can draw my 2nd choice in WY and still gain a point for next years draw?

Umpqua Hunter
02-18-2012, 11:31 AM
It is my understanding that you can draw your second choice in Wyoming and still earn a point. That is a great strategy when applying for antelope or deer. Apply for the hard to draw unit for first choice then a for a unit you can draw on your second choice. Remember when applying for your second choice, you must apply for a unit that has 100% draw for first choice applicants or there will be no tags for the second choice draw.

tommyp
02-18-2012, 12:09 PM
that is the way I understand it too. you WILL get a point if you did not pull your first choice tag, as long as you chose the preference point option when you applied. cannot wait until tuesday when the non-resident results are posted!

Musket Man
02-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! looks like i mite get to hunt WY this year after all!

NDHunter
02-18-2012, 10:36 PM
I drew my 2nd unit choice for both deer and antelope last year and gained a point so yes, that is how it works.