PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fished in the Flat Tops Wilderness.

woodtick
03-05-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm gonna be there in August Early September this year for a family reunion. I wonder if the fishin is good in the Wilderness? Thanks

Dan
04-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Flat Tops is big area. Give me an idea of where you want to be.

woodtick
04-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Trapper Lake is where we'll be staying, Thanks for any info Dan!!

Dan
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Trappers Lake itself is pretty good fishing but you will be around people. If you are up for a hike, most of the lakes around there are good. Skinny Fish is a little to the North of Trappers and about 1 1/2 hr hike. It used to have some good size Brookies. Packing a float tube is usually well worth the effort. I do fly rod or spinners (yellow Panther Martin). I would love to spend the summer up there as there are so many lakes, so little time....

woodtick
04-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks Dan i appreciate the info a bunch!!

pcc2b
05-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Last year we hunted above sweetwater lake which is almost due south of trappers lake. there is a little lake called hack lake northeast of sweetwater lake. you can go hwy 150/sweetwater rd. past 7 w ranch and then make a right to head up a draw. maybe about a 2 mile hike up to hack lake. its only about an acre or two, but trout everywhere (i dont know how much of a challenge it would be). there is a little rustic one room cabin up there too. it is beautiful and i bet it rarely gets much heavy fishing pressure.