PDA

View Full Version : Music anyone?

Joe Hulburt
02-21-2012, 11:05 PM
What kind of music do you all like to listen to?

Reckless Kelly, one of my favorite bands is making a trip thru the NW soon so I thought I would throw a plug out for them. They are centered around two brothers from Idaho who started a band in Oregon a long time ago and moved to Austin, TX. Great guys and some really good music if you ask me! Check 'em out if you get a chance.

We made the trip to Austin for the recording of this live record and DVD and as usual had a great time! This is the song that got me listening to them many years ago. They call it Hick Rock I just call it good music. :)

http://youtu.be/49q7wbywdH4

Colorado Cowboy
02-22-2012, 06:14 AM
MMM Michael Martin Murphey Real cowboy music!!

Fink
02-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Reckless Kelly is awesome! They do the theme music for a group of local guys for their show 'Heartland Bowhunter'. Good show, good tunes :)

Elkoholic307
02-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Hank Sr., Flatt & Scruggs, Old Crow Medicine Show, Jalan Crossland, Big Smith and of course Chris LeDoux to name a few.

Ikeepitcold
02-22-2012, 08:30 AM
I listen to everything. Except Rap! No thanx. I pretty much skip around depending on my mood.

Big Sky
02-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Cross Canadian Ragweed, Josh Abbott Band, Casey Donahew Band, Randy Rodgers Band they are all grear bands much like Reckless Kelly.

beav906
02-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Everything mentioned so far suits my ears. Love any old country and a bit of the new. Some Ryan Bingham, wade Bowen, bleu edmondson, Charlie Robison anything of that genre. Classic rock. If it's got a beat its in my cd case! Hey Joe reckless playing near Oregon

Joe Hulburt
02-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Everything mentioned so far suits my ears. Love any old country and a bit of the new. Some Ryan Bingham, wade Bowen, bleu edmondson, Charlie Robison anything of that genre. Classic rock. If it's got a beat its in my cd case! Hey Joe reckless playing near Oregon

Reckless is in Portland on March 1. I have most of the records of everybody you mentioned. Good stuff!

Jerry
02-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Chris LeDoux, MMM, Etc!

Musket Man
02-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Not a topic I was expecting to see on here but I think they are pretty good. Hadnt herd a them before. Thanks Joe! Chris LeDoux will always be my favorite

Muleys 24/7
03-01-2012, 01:31 PM
The two types I listen to the most are "Country" and "Western" hahaNo damm POP country though! I also listen to metal,punk,and classic rock. What a mix uh.

Grizz
03-01-2012, 02:56 PM
C'mon boys... how bout the ambassador of our sport? Uncle Ted (Da Nuge!) I do have to put up a big shout about all the preferences on here so far... all good stuff.

Muleys 24/7
03-01-2012, 03:10 PM
C'mon boys... how bout the ambassador of our sport? Uncle Ted (Da Nuge!) I do have to put up a big shout about all the preferences on here so far... all good stuff.I listen to uncle Ted, one of my favorite songs is "Fred Bear"

hardstalk
03-01-2012, 04:03 PM
i listen to alot im pretty open minded. moonshine bandits, colt ford, sunny ledford, aaron lewis, brantley gilbert, jamey johnson, the lacs.

chuffness
03-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Im probably the only one that doesnt listen to country on here.

I prefer Wu-Tang Clan, Wyclef/fugess, and misc music from the 80's and 90's.

Graylight
03-03-2012, 05:31 PM
When I'm training in the gym... a little "As I lay Dying" get's me ready to just about feel immortal... Then when were huntin'... Country... I know ~Bi-Polar right ~

Grizz
03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Gotta love a group that steals a title from a classic American Lit. author like William Faulkner.

"My mother is a fish." Vardaman

Colorado Cowboy
03-05-2012, 06:50 AM
When I'm training in the gym... a little "As I lay Dying" get's me ready to just about feel immortal... Then when were huntin'... Country... I know ~Bi-Polar right ~

When I'm in the gym or out walking I listen to The Beach Boys, Michael Martin Murphey and the theme from Rocky.

BobT
03-05-2012, 08:23 AM
I pretty much skip around depending on my mood.

+1, Particular favorites are Pink Floyd, Chris Issac, Rex Hobart and the Misery Boys, Hank Williams and Wagner

GameSlayer
03-22-2012, 05:16 PM
+1 for Reckless Kelly and all things similar. Including little borther Mickey and the Motorcars..
Old and some new country here, Brooks and Dunn. But I like the rock alot too. Nickleback, corn, Seether, gotta love rob zombie 1965..
Another +1 for Uncle Ted too.

jenbickel
03-22-2012, 09:41 PM
I live in Wyoming and was raised on a ranch.. So of course I like country for sure. But I also like to mix it up! I love metal.. I went to ozzfest when I was 8 months pregnant. Haha.

Joe Hulburt
03-22-2012, 10:14 PM
I live in Wyoming and was raised on a ranch.. So of course I like country for sure. But I also like to mix it up! I love metal.. I went to ozzfest when I was 8 months pregnant. Haha.

Reckless Kelly and Micky and the Motorcars (younger bros) play in Wyoming a lot.....I bet you would be a fan! Micky and The Motorcars do a cover of the Kip Attaway song "Rock Springs to Cheyenne" that is one of my favorites. Might be offensive to a native of Wyoming as it sort of gets the geography backwards the way I hear it but I love it anyhow....

http://youtu.be/KP-xEDN8X38

Joe Hulburt
03-22-2012, 10:54 PM
And the best cover song they do. Compliments of Warren Zevon!
http://youtu.be/wuMNfxNqsRI

bigmoose
03-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Everything from Patsy Cline to AC/DC. LOL! NO RAP!