PDA

View Full Version : Spring hunts

marcusvdk
02-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, just figured i would post and see if anyone was planning a great spring time hunt (turkey, bear,etc....)

I myself am planning on hunting turkeys this spring in michigan. Should be a really good season been a mild winter with little snow, leaving the crops out for all the game animals.

ChadH
02-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Hopefully I will draw a Spring Bear permit in Washington. Also planning on Washington Turkeys and back home to Missouri to turkey hunt the family farm. :p

RUTTIN
02-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Hoping to draw a spring bear archery tag, and will be chasing turkeys with a bow this spring also.

Nic
02-25-2012, 11:08 PM
I will be chasing brown/grizzly and maybe black bear myself.
my six year old daughter wants to shoot a black bear so we will be baiting for her.

sjsmallfield
02-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Turkeys for me this spring. CA doesn't have a spring bear season and I don't have the money for an out of state trip yet this year.

Colorado Cowboy
02-26-2012, 07:43 AM
First week in April I'll be in Texas for Turkey & Hogs. Then home for Turkey here in Colorado.Then a full schedule of Cowboy shoots until hunting starts in the fall.

Montana
02-26-2012, 08:42 AM
I am counting down the days.... I'll be after one monster gobbler, I had him at 30 yards last year with no shot, chased him all season but never got him, passed on numerous birds to get him. It was the first time in 14 years of not getting a bird and he was worth it. He is all of 12 inches and like a rope.

Mid June we will be after bears, would be 5th bear in a row..... And by far the most anticipated is New Zealand for Red Stag April 6th of which I dream of nightly :)

xtreme
02-26-2012, 08:49 AM
If I can get the tag, I will hunt black bear (red) on the Jicarilla with my Apache friends. We use bait, stands, spot and stalk, and hounds. This year my grandson is going to be with me. We will be going in may to avoid small and female bear.

Montana
02-26-2012, 09:03 AM
If I can get the tag, I will hunt black bear (red) on the Jicarilla with my Apache friends. We use bait, stands, spot and stalk, and hounds. This year my grandson is going to be with me. We will be going in may to avoid small and female bear.

Why May? Is that early or late for your country? Bears aren't even out in May where I hunt....

marcusvdk
02-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Man Montana sounds like you got a very exciting trip coming up. I would be dreaming about that New Zealand red stag every day till I went lol.

That turkey sounds awesome its always great to try and catch up on an animal like that when you know they are around. The accomplishment of get them makes it all the more exciting when you have put in all that time and work to get them.

xtreme
02-26-2012, 10:15 AM
I think season opens April 15. We didnt get enough snow to cat hunt. I hunted near Noxon Mt in may and the snow was melted, plenty of wolf and griz on that hunt. I didnot see either but did see plenty of sign. My thinking is only large boars will be out may 20.

marcusvdk
02-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Sounds like people are planning some fun for the spring. Love hearing people are taking their kids out with them. That is a great bonding time and way to keep this sport that we love around. Got to make sure we pass it onto the next generation.

brandenbowhunter
02-26-2012, 03:14 PM
I will be both Turkey hunting and spring bear hunting, but mostly bear hunting!

dustyboots
02-26-2012, 04:00 PM
just some turkeys and possibly some hogs as well

Joe Hulburt
02-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Definitely be hunting a spring bear as that is one of my favorite hunts every year! Might actually put in some time on turkeys this year too... Elk sheds hunting season has begun as well! :)

Stringmusic
02-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Starting off with taking my son on his first turkey hunt. Using bows first, then shotguns if needed. If the weather hold and we don't get anymore snow, spring bear maybe the best its been in awhile (bears out sooner).

Fink
02-27-2012, 04:11 PM
I'll spring hunt Missouri and Kansas this year. Between me, my wife, my hunting partner, and our NWTF Chapters Wounded Warrior hunt, I hope to kill and/ or video 10+ birds. It should be a good spring!!

Fish
02-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Just applied for spring bear in NE. WA. We will hunt turkeys to if we draw bear. :)

ICEMAN3
02-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Spring bear in Oregon this year its my first. Plan on shed hunting a bit and scouting for the upcoming seasons. Plus still have the draw here in Oregon so wont know until June if I am one of the chosen ones!

beav906
02-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Got a pheasant hunt next weekend. Been in the sheds for a couple weekends waiting for the elk to start then spring bear and and Turks. And always the unlucky coyote along the way! Good luck stag hunting Montana. That's the top dream of mine

llp
02-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Big hunt for this year is a trip to Argentina for red stag and water buffalo. I will also spring turkey hunt and of course a little shed hunting, but the Argentina trip really has my attention.
llp

Montana
03-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Big hunt for this year is a trip to Argentina for red stag and water buffalo. I will also spring turkey hunt and of course a little shed hunting, but the Argentina trip really has my attention.
llp

We'll be waiting for some pics :)