PDA

View Full Version : First post

BossBrott
03-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Been lurking for a few days now and really like this website. Its pretty obvious you all take your hunting serious, but im sure theres tons of fun mixed in. Anyways, Hi, my name is Steve. I really enjoy my time outdoors, like most of you, and I really enjoy spending that time with my wife and kids. Currently Im coaching a youth trapshooting team of 25 kids, and im finding that to be a great niche in my life. We run a few youth hunting programs, and are always looking for more ways to get our youth connected to the outdoors. If we can teach them to shoot, well then, we can teach them to hunt. Im currently trying to put an out of state hunt on the list as I would love to see both my kids come away with an adventure to remember. I made it a "bucket list" project for myself and would like to enjoy it with my son(15), and my daughter (14) before they graduate high school. After that, well, I'll probably lose them to college for awhile. It sounds like a ton of fun for the wife and I.

As for Eastmans? Mike Eastman is a great adventurer, hunter, and an overall great sportsman, therefore im grateful to have been blessed to find this site!

Thanks,
Steve Brott

Ikeepitcold
03-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the forum. I think it's a great thing to bring the kids into shooting and hunting. I also have a great time with my daughter hunting and shooting she's 8. My wife got hooked on her first deer hunt and took a mid 160" mule deer. There sure is a huge amount of pride for me when I see the look and feel the accomplishment of my wife and kid when they shoot a good target when practicing and even more when they take a animal. Good luck with drawing out of state. There is a ton of info here on the forum to help you make a clear decision on were to start.

Bitterroot Bulls
03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Welcome BossBrott!

Make yourself at home.

Joe Hulburt
03-07-2012, 09:18 PM
The more the merrier! Good to have you here BossBrott.

Drhorsepower
03-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Welcome. Trap is alot of fun. I used to shoot ata but since my local club charges 8.50 a round it became too much of a rich mans game. Glad to have you here!

hvfd21walker
03-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Welcome, this forum is awesome. You will find tons of info and great people on here.

RUTTIN
03-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Old Hunter
03-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Welcome Steve. It's a great forum.

Trap shooting is a great sport. I was on the tour in the 70's. Made a bunch of money and had a blast. It sure beat working for a living. :)

NoMoreOldNo7
03-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Welcome, I haven't been here for very long, but I really enjoy this site. Plently of friendly folks and great insights into the world of hunting. A pat on the back for helping those kids with the trap shooting, tells us a bit about your character.

jenbickel
03-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Welcome!!!! Love this site and the people on it!!!

BossBrott
03-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, its much appreciated. Looking forward to a great upcoming season, and making some new friends.