PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Hunt Takes Shape

lawsonw
03-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Wyoming Game and Fish is looking to establish a 3 month hunting season with a quota of 52 wolves per year according to a draft released Friday. Game and Fish has scheduled meetings in Laramie, Cody, Sheridan, Casper, Pinedale, Green River, Jackson and lander starting later this month. For those of you that live outside the area, you can comment by mail.

wolftalonID
03-10-2012, 07:17 PM
woah....The wolf unit I hunted in for years here in Idaho has more aloted this year than that!!! The unit I live in doesnt have a limit. Wyoming...comon guys you can do better than that!!!?

Musket Man
03-10-2012, 07:25 PM
My understanding is that quota is only for a small area around YNP and the rest of the state will be open season 24/7/365!

birdhunter
03-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Yes, the greater yellowstone area will have a quota which is considered the trophy area. The rest of the state the wolves will be put on the predator list. Each year the trophy area will increase a certain amount of miles. Eventually, down the road, the whole state will be a trophy game area for wolves. Hopefully we can knock the population down enough we wont have to worry about them down the road too much.

lawsonw
03-11-2012, 06:42 AM
birdhunter put it better. The quota and special hunt would be for the special area around Yellowstone. The rest of the state would be shoot on sight 24/7. There is an article in Saturdays Casper Star Tribune.

wolftalonID
03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Well now that makes more sence indeed. If it was a state wide quota...I was not too impressed. Good luck Wyoming with your wolf hunts. Now that its allowed....post up some pics after the season opens guys!!!

To make that clear.....AFTER the season opens.....