PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming non-res draw question

highcountry24
03-11-2012, 12:50 PM
If you put in for the deer special draw in Wyoming, and draw your second choice tag, I understand that you don't loose bonus points. My question is, do you still get a bonus point for that year, as well as the tag? I can't seem to find anything that makes it clear to me...

Thanks!

nwwa huner
03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
That is correct. As long as you don't draw your first choice, even if you draw a second etc, you will not loose your points and gain another.

nwwa huner
03-11-2012, 01:34 PM
And get the second choice tag. Basically it's treated as a leftover tag that applicants get the first opportunity at.

tamrock
03-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Seems like the right tread to be on. Our party has one non resident point in Wyoming. If we apply for regular deer with the bonus point option first choice say unit 34 and second choice region R do our points do us any good in second choice selection or do we need to buy special deer with bonus point option. Just don't want to spen extra $ if I don't have to. Long term we want to save points for limited quota.

HuskyMusky
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Yup, get your 2nd choice tag, and another point.

Regulation brochures always seem to explain the simple/common stuff you'd never ask in the first place, but anytime a tricky question comes up you usually have to call and make sure they understand your question.

highcountry24
03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
That is what I thought, but I just needed to make sure. Not that I don't trust you guys, but do you happen to know where I can find that in the regulations? I just wanna make double sure before I do it.

Also, do you know of anywhere I can find draw odds for second choice drawings? The sources I usually use, only let you list your first choice...

Thanks again!

Musket Man
03-11-2012, 10:32 PM
All the draw odds are on the WY web site. I had the same question and several guys comfirmed they got a point and a 2nd choice tag.
http://www.eastmans.com/forum/showthread.php/2081-Wyoming-Draw

highcountry24
03-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks again for the info. Looks like the odds for my region would be pretty decent according to last years numbers. Does anyone know if you can still draw as a group on a second choice tag, or is it all individual?

Thanks again!

norcalhunter
03-21-2012, 08:21 PM
You can draw a 2nd choice tag as a party.