PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

razorbackhunter
03-11-2012, 02:00 PM
What is the difference in deer regions and deer areas?

What temps can I expect in mid october around east central Wyoming?

What is the average cost of meat processing and for a shoulder mount antelope ?

ADavid
03-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Deer regions are a nonresident thing only, basically its a bunch of general license areas they group together to form one big "region"

Deer areas are usually limited draw areas that cant be grouped into regions for management reasons

Temps in mid october around here are hit and miss, This year we had snow and also had temps in the 80s. just have to come prepared.

Meat processing is usually around $100 and a pronghorn shoulder mount will set you back about $575 but most places you pay half when you drop it off and half when you pick it up that way it dosnt break the bank too bad.

Hope this answered your questions.

sjsmallfield
03-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I would say that temps in WY in Oct. depending on the year and the area could range anywhere from 80's to snowing sideways. I can't tell you on the meat processing but a shoulder mount on a antelope should be about the same as a deer mount. They can range anywhere from $250-$700+. My antelope mount was $550 and came out awesome. Just remeber you get what you pay for with a taxi most of the time. Hope this helps. Good luck!