PDA

View Full Version : eberlestock j104 older pack question

fatkid
03-12-2012, 05:55 PM
anyone have any good or bad info about a j104. i was told it was the pack that was the j34 protocall. i am looking at one online used .

Bitterroot Bulls
03-12-2012, 06:48 PM
I have one, and it has worked well for me, but heavy loads are uncomfortable due to the lack of functional load lifters. Fit, finish, and durability are unquestionable. It will haul whatever you can lift off the ground.

I LOVE the gunscabbard feature.

fatkid
03-13-2012, 08:40 AM
thank you sir i will give it a shot . looks like a nice pack

JNDEER
03-15-2012, 03:08 PM
The older version's are not able to adjust for Torso length (at least mine does not). That may or may not be a problem. When I wear the j104 or my new jp9 they feel weird at first (much different than my 4500), but I don't get any pain in my neck, back, or shoulders carrying loads in them or just carrying it around on my back all day. If the J104 fits you when you get it, it is a nice pack to have.

H3Dad
03-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm 6 ft tall and have this very pack and love it, I have packed as much as 100 pounds with this pack many times. However with the new packs you can adjust the torso length to fit your body. If you want max. comfort cough up the extra cash and buy one with the adjustable torso length, you definitely won't be disappointed. If you have a shorter torso the j104 will serve you greatly. It is a light pack that can carry a lot of weight.