PDA

View Full Version : How you came up with your forum name, and what it means to you.

RUTTIN
03-21-2012, 07:24 AM
I came up with mine, because my wife says I'm always in the rut. I've had it on my license plate forever, now if I can just get her to be receptive more than once a year! Also post a pic so people can see a face to go along with it. I thought I would post a pic of me and the guy responsible for getting this forum going, thanks Adam!3004

jenbickel
03-21-2012, 07:42 AM
My forum name took a lot of thought and creativity.. I wanted something that was like, here I am, something powerful, something that really explained me to everyone, something nobody could forget, something feminine and sexy... so I chose my name. Hahaha :)

Bitterroot Bulls
03-21-2012, 07:46 AM
I just forgot to put in the "h...i...t" at the end on my name.

Seriously, My name is one of the things I chase.

I just noticed I've gone over 1000 posts. That is cool and kind of sad at the same time. Don't you think Eastmans should send me a hat or something?

Drhorsepower
03-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Huntinfool was taken. That is usually my forum name. I came up with Drhorsepower on another street racing forum, I couldn't think of anything and my friend gave me this one because I've built a couple 8 second cars and I had a reputation of putting power to the ground. I kept it Drhorsepower here out of laziness and lack of creativity.

Congrats bb on post count, anybody that does anything 1000 times deserves one,

Great topic btw!

Elkoholic307
03-21-2012, 08:36 AM
I like elk and I'm from Wyoming.

Colorado Cowboy
03-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Mine was pretty easy....to start with I live in SW Colorado. I am a competitive shooter and one of my favorites is Cowboy Action Shooting. I shoot all over the southwest and love the western flavor of using period firearms and dress. Pretty easy choice for me! My avatar was taken during e recent Colorado State Championship shoot. I am using a reproduction copy of a Winchester 73 with black powder. Original Winchesters are too valuable and collectable to use them the way we shoot. I also shoot Ruger Vaqueros and a sxs 12 ga coach gun. Lots of fun!

Ikeepitcold
03-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Mine is the beginning of my email. I own a commercial refrigeration company so is kinda what I do.

Ikeepitcold
03-21-2012, 08:53 AM

I just noticed I've gone over 1000 posts. That is cool and kind of sad at the same time. Don't you think Eastmans should send me a

hat or something?

Congrats on the 1k+ posts you have a lot of knowledge and helped with your opinions on all those posts.

jay
03-21-2012, 10:18 AM
mine is a nickname I've had for years, short for Jeremy...congrats on the 1K posts BB, pretty impressive! I'm on here everyday and have only racked up 250 or so. A sh*t load of advice in those thousand posts...Looks like DR and IKIC are right behind you!

jay
03-21-2012, 10:20 AM
BTW, great fight Jen, watched the video yesterday! Nothin like a girl fight IMO! Sometimes they make guys look like sissy's.

brooks
03-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I looked at my drivers lic. and came up with mine. lol
My wife and i were scouting for elk when she took this pic.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/buckhunt/freds%20nm%209-27-11/2011-09-26019.jpg
Here are a few we found.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/buckhunt/freds%20nm%209-27-11/2011-09-26054.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/buckhunt/freds%20nm%209-27-11/2011-09-27008.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/buckhunt/freds%20nm%209-27-11/2011-09-26052.jpg

buckbull
03-21-2012, 11:32 AM
I came up with mine, because my wife says I'm always in the rut. I've had it on my license plate forever, now if I can just get her to be receptive more than once a year! Also post a pic so people can see a face to go along with it. I thought I would post a pic of me and the guy responsible for getting this forum going, thanks Adam!3004

Your gettin it once a year!; lucky dog!!

When I was a kid I had two beagles that I ran rabbits with named Buck and Bull. Just joined the names and I have used this combination for multiple forums over the years.

xtreme
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Xtreme was the name of our product before Homeland Security forced us out of business. The name may have come because of a lifestyle of playing hard. Still driving a red GTO/6sp. (Needs a 95 hp cam increase) My aerobatic airplane was a Bilanca Decathlon, self taught aerobatic pilot. Raced the 1990 Baja 1000 class 40. Ama National Harescrambles class champion. The dural sport 540 KTM I ride once beat Rickey Carmical to the first turn in outdoor motocross with Guy Cooper riding. My current offroad bike is a KTM 250, my pitbike is an Xtreme CR5 prototype that is currently sold worldwide outside the US. Streetbike is a Yamaha VMax. I am a Vietmam Vet and a 101st Airborne paratrooper. Now everything is use to. I use to solo hunt above timberline. Survived several major storms, last one was in the Lizard Head, I think 1980. 1974, Pole Mountain unit 76 was my first above timberline storm, no tent, just shelter half.
Yesterday my 14yo grandson, Montana, beat me for the first time riding dirtbikes crosscountry.

Grizz
03-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Well, my handle has been with me a long, long time and came from being the only twelve year old in second grade who could grow a beard!

Hey Jen...! Kicked her A$$! Great work!

Muleys 24/7
03-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Me, I love chasein Mule deer around and my wife says thats what I think about all the time....so thats where Muleys 24/7 came from......Congrats BB for the 1k posts,you've been very help full for many.

Vanish
03-21-2012, 03:24 PM
I've had the handle Vanish for over 10 years. I originally chose it for playing the early DEER HUNTER video games online.

It tends to be pretty accurate when it comes to forums, as I'll be obsessively involved in different forums at different points throughout the year and then I vanish for awhile as my interests change for the time being. Usually between fishing, hunting, radio control and video games.

gethuntin
03-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Its kinda a way of life one season into the next i dont really have an off season from hunting except for the summer. It can can also be used for motivation to keep at it no matter how the cards may be stacked against me.

mntnguide
03-21-2012, 03:27 PM
I make a living guiding in the mountains. multi-day backcountry packtrips/fishing trips in the summer, elk and deer hunters come fall, then Snowmobile trips through winter. my handle represents how i make my living.

Tope
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
The story is I was a real cranky baby, probably colic or something. My parents tried everything to no avail. My Great Grandpa, who was born in the 1880's came to visit and suggested a little whiskey, honey and tea. Worked like a charm. He called me a little Toper, an old term for a drinker. It stuck and was eventually shortened to Tope. Grandpa also gave me my first .22 when I was 5, a Winchester model 90 22WRF. Still have it. He passed when I ws 20, sure miss those stories about Montana in the old days.

bluedunn0
03-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Mine came from my trout fishing days. Blue Dun dry fly.

Timberstalker
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Mine should be "In the timber stalker" It reflects my hunting stye. I never seem to see any game in the open country, so I usually end up hunting in the trees. Thats where I have the majority of my success.

GameSlayer
03-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Well I used to have one "elkslayer" to go along with the dragon slayer type deal, but I used Gameslayer on a bear board and I stuck with it for here too..

Joe Hulburt
03-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Mine is taken from the root of the words "No creativity".

sjsmallfield
03-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Mine is taken from the root of the words "No creativity".

Me too Joe!

labman
03-22-2012, 06:47 PM
I was a amateur lab trainer and ran field trials/hunt test.

MOHunter
03-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm wondering where all the pictures are. It would be great to put a face with a name.

Mine was kind of copied off NDHunter. When I joined the forum I was reading many of his posts as we were both heading to WY for the first time. I thought it was a great way to let people know I'm not a native westerner. I hunt everything possible in the midwest, but it's definitely a different kind of hunting.

Here's a pic of me with my daughter just recently.

CrimsonArrow
03-22-2012, 07:47 PM
I just like to go out in the woods and paint a few arrows crimson.

Jon Boy
03-22-2012, 07:50 PM

I like your style :)

jenbickel
03-22-2012, 09:30 PM

I just had a total DUH moment! After reading your thread post, I finally understood your name. Apparently I'm blonde.

I hate pictures of myself, but I have a lot of pictures of me on my profile if anyone wants to put a face to the name.. But most know me on here. I was thinking we should all take pictures of ourselves right at the moment that we are reading this thread. But then decided that could get kinda creepy. I do love putting a face to a name though!

Joe Hulburt
03-22-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm sure I have posted enough pictures of myself on here but here is one of me from Sept 2010 with one of my best buddies...
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn144/joe222_2008/IMG_0804.jpg

Joe Hulburt
03-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Me too Joe!

They say great minds think alike.....:)

hvfd21walker
03-22-2012, 10:22 PM
I am a volunteer fireman so I use our town abbr. and my firefighting number. Next to hunting being a volunteer fireman is my second passion. Then my last name at the end.

HuskyMusky
03-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Louie Anderson, the comedian once had a cartoon tv show that was quite hilarious as I recall, I believe he actually grew up in wisconsin in real life, he did on the show at least, and one of the shows was about the "Husky Musky" a mysterious monstrous fish/musky that supposedly roamed the waters. I'm slightly overweight currently, naturally tend to be bulky, and I love musky fishing!

bigmoose
03-30-2012, 07:32 PM
My Dad started calling me Moose when I was a kid. I think he got it from the Archie series comic mags...you know, big and dumb. Funny! Only my friends call me Moose now. Big Moose seems a good fit.

Jen...good fight! You rock!

NoMoreOldNo7
03-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I used to use OldNo7 for sports forums & online games, but since I have had a turn of events in my life and had to add the NoMore (that Jack nearly killed me and I mean it, it kicked my butt real good).

TwoShot on a couple other hunting forums, but from now on everywhere I am NoMoreOldNo7

Below are a couple pics, but they are pre-cancer, I'm much prettier now

mav_7mm
03-30-2012, 08:40 PM
My nickname on the logging sports team at school is either Maverick or Moose. I didn't want anyone thinking I'm a moose hunter (only because I haven't had the opportunity) so maverick it is. And if the wife wouldn't kill me I'd marry my 7 mag!!

Musket Man
03-30-2012, 11:05 PM
I was looking for info on a muzzle loader hunt I was going on when I first got on here and it was the best thing I could think of at the time.

cacklercrazy
03-31-2012, 12:01 AM
like to kill west coast cackler geese. fun to call and even greater to kill.

Edelweiss
03-31-2012, 04:00 AM
Grew up in Wyoming of mostly Germanic decent, grandfather was a 8 year old German immigrant (came in with his parents of course) in the 1920s and then fought in every single campaign as an American in WW2.

While I was in Afghanistan I used to find them growing and couldn't believe they existed there too. This symbol of purity, power and the mountains.

I have lived and hunted in Germany and in several places in Europe where the Edelweiss flower grows. And I always took photos of them because of the symbolism of Alpine, they only grow from about 5000-12,000 feet and only in really crappy soil that usually isn't fit for much else.

Because of that movie/musical Sound of Music, a lot of people all over the world are familiar with them. But most people have never seen one.

I was on a gardening forum looking for something else and found an entire group of people that didn't live in the right area trying to grow them and failing.

That concept reminded me of myself. In the military I have lived on 5 continents, lived in 8 nations, and have over 800 days deployed to the warzone. I been unfortunate enough to be stationed in a lot of places I never cared for, and every time I am in the mountains my heart sings.

Kind of the like the Edelweiss I flourish in the mountains.

03-31-2012, 01:35 PM

I just noticed I've gone over 1000 posts. That is cool and kind of sad at the same time. Don't you think Eastmans should send me a hat or something?
you definately deserve a hat! Your qualitative and quantitative advice is top notch and has really helped me out more than once.

03-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah, 8750 is the elevation of the town I lived in for 20 years before relocating to the Front Range of CO.

Montana
03-31-2012, 02:23 PM
The story is I was a real cranky baby, probably colic or something. My parents tried everything to no avail. My Great Grandpa, who was born in the 1880's came to visit and suggested a little whiskey, honey and tea. Worked like a charm. He called me a little Toper, an old term for a drinker. It stuck and was eventually shortened to Tope. Grandpa also gave me my first .22 when I was 5, a Winchester model 90 22WRF. Still have it. He passed when I ws 20, sure miss those stories about Montana in the old days.

I like it... Good story.

Montana
03-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Being from California... Now I've been here 10 years and everyday I am still thankful to live in such a wonderful place. Hope that's not too chessy.

amp713
03-31-2012, 09:46 PM
My intials are AMP and Ive always gone by that, Threw the 713 on the end when i first started to check out forums. 7 being one of my lucky numbers and since our family has always said "if it wasnt for bad luck we'd have no luck at all" I decided an unlucky number must be my other lucky number so 13.

Jerry
03-31-2012, 11:22 PM
I tried three other names and the forum kicked them all back, so out of frustration, just used my name!

In God We Trust
04-01-2012, 08:44 AM
I believe America is the greatest country in the world and am very patriotic. I hate that liberals want to take the phrase "In God We Trust" off of our money and God out of every thing else. So I used it as my name.

Edelweiss
04-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I believe America is the greatest country in the world and am very patriotic. I hate that liberals want to take the phrase "In God We Trust" off of our money and God out of every thing else. So I used it as my name.

Liberals and land developers suck!

Kevin Root
04-02-2012, 03:59 PM
My forum name is just my own name. My forum name is not all that creative. When I saw In God We Trust's forum name I said a big AMEN. Seeing what you wrote about how you came up with your name, again I say, AMEN.

gatheringsheds
04-02-2012, 04:29 PM
My name is why my feet hurt right now.

BKC
04-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Liberals and land developers suck!

Unless you are going to live in a cave when you get back to WYO you might want to rethink land developers. As far as liberals go, I TOTALY AGREE!

Edelweiss
04-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Unless you are going to live in a cave when you get back to WYO you might want to rethink land developers. As far as liberals go, I TOTALY AGREE!

Tired of seeing big ranches get turned into soccer mom plantations, and of course the wildlife doesn't stick around when that happens. The mule deer might if there isn't any hunting on it.

Brocka
04-04-2012, 09:18 AM

Brocka is my just my first name and the first letter of my last name... Brock A. Nothing special. Everyone is forgetting the pic to go with!

MSUcat61
04-22-2012, 01:39 AM
I picked mine because I root for the good team in Montana... and 61 was my jersey number when I played there. Oh and FTG :)

wileywapiti
04-24-2012, 10:31 AM
when my grandfather was alive, he used to sit me down and talk about those wiley wapiti's..... how it was just for food and that he never brought home a set of antlers because grandma would just throw them out. he used to say...."them damn wiley wapiti's fooled me again boy, but ill get'em tomorrow." as he unpacked his international scout.

ill never forget his hunting stories, they were the best.

Ikeepitcold
03-07-2014, 06:31 PM
I thought with all the new members this was a oldie but a goodie to bring back up.

velvetfvr
03-07-2014, 06:40 PM
I like velvet Muleys and we all experience buck fever so that's my name.

Some think it should be "velvet feather" though ;)

Ikeepitcold
03-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I like velvet Muleys and we all experience buck fever so that's my name.

Some thing it should be "velvet feather" though ;)

You will always be velvet feather kid! But you got the heart to have the fever!!!

packmule
03-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I picked it bc it's what my friends call me anytime I leave for a hunt. They know my wife will tag along and I end up being the pack mule. She can take care of herself, but i have to baby her a lot so nothing happens to her.

Although, I think electronics guru has a better ring to it.

woodtick
03-07-2014, 08:09 PM
I came up with mine after hunting in the Frank Church, one of the drainages Woodtick Creek was the most god awful nasty country I've ever been in and I haven't hunted that hard in my entire life and probably never will again in my life. It was 12 miles in one way with a 65 lb pack and there was no trail, good thing I had just finished up football season and was in the best shape I had ever been in.

JasonGNV
03-07-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm among the noncreative types. JasonGNV entails my first name, last name initial and the state I live and love. I'm obsessed with hunting and prefer hunting my hounds above all else but I hunt it all. Chasing muley bucks with stick and string comes a close second. I guess I could have been more creative with my name, something like Hunt365HoundemBucksBearsLionsObsessiveBullsBirdsSp eedgoatBackcountryFamilyBowHorseTraditionsNVBootle ather!!!!!. Ya I think I'll change my name, I like it!

NVBird'n'Big
03-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Not too original but I'm obviously a Nevada boy (that's Nev-AD-da not Nev-AH-da for you non western states guys haha) and I love to hunt birds (chukar mostly) and big game... That's about it

Eberle
03-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Well mine is me! I'm Bryan Eberle from Sasakwa, Oklahoma & thats all I'll ever be!

hoshour
03-07-2014, 09:01 PM
I must have been tired and out of creativity and just went with my last name - figured no one else would have it. Its very uncommon.

Later, I thought I should get something more snazzy, but then I thought at least if I meet one of you guys in the outdoors, you'll make the connection faster than if you just knew me here by my handle.

Eberle
03-07-2014, 09:05 PM
I must have been tired and out of creativity and just went with my last name - figured no one else would have it. Its very uncommon.

Later, I thought I should get something more snazzy, but then I thought at least if I meet one of you guys in the outdoors, you'll make the connection faster than if you just knew me here by my handle.

You think we are the only two?

hoshour
03-07-2014, 09:17 PM
No, there are plenty of other guys who signed up in a mental fog.

Eberle
03-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Lol!!!!!!!!

kiddwinner
03-07-2014, 10:03 PM
My old boxing name!

Umpqua Hunter
03-07-2014, 10:44 PM
It is an acronym:

Unique
Manly
Person
Qualified for
Unique
Adventures

Then again, it might just be the river I live by ;)

Oh…and the Hunter part is cause I like to hunt.

Fink
03-07-2014, 11:04 PM
It is an acronym:

Unique
Manly
Person
Qualified for
Unique
Adventures

Then again, it might just be the river I live by ;)

Oh…and the Hunter part is cause I like to hunt.

Manly Person, huh? haha..

My friends call me Fink.. Short for my long, German last name.

Calbuck
03-07-2014, 11:07 PM
I'm from California and I'm a buck hunter..simple!

Umpqua Hunter
03-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Manly Person, huh? haha..

Ha ha…I certainly don't take myself too seriously, and neither should you…lol

OregonJim
03-07-2014, 11:49 PM
My name is JIM and I work on the UMPQUA RIVER in Oregon.
Someone beat me to the cool name!!!!!!:)[SIZE=4]

shootbrownelk
03-08-2014, 05:37 AM
Well, Duhhh!

Fink
03-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Ha ha…I certainly don't take myself too seriously, and neither should you…lol

I shouldn't take you too seriously, or myself? :p

Umpqua Hunter
03-08-2014, 09:50 AM
My name is JIM and I work on the UMPQUA RIVER in Oregon.
Someone beat me to the cool name!!!!!!:)[SIZE=4]

And his name is Jim too :)

Umpqua Hunter
03-08-2014, 09:53 AM
I shouldn't take you too seriously, or myself? :p

Ha ha….I was definitely referring to me, but the other scenario is probably not a bad idea ;)

gonhunting247
03-08-2014, 10:29 AM
I made mine up as my e-mail name way back, because everyone was always saying if I wasn't hunting, I was talking, thinking or dreaming hunting!:) If I was day dreaming they would always say "don't worry he's just gone hunting again" and it kind of stuck with me.

Just DIY
03-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Just Do It Yourself... why not? Oh and my name is Justin, so fitting haha.

6mm Remington
03-08-2014, 11:10 AM
I'm just a hardcore fan;) of the 6mm Remington so that pretty much explains everything!!

Added the photo. Mountain Goat hunt 2011 Selway Bitterroot Wilderness North Kootenai Lake

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p717/davidwalrod1/014_zpsb89e6a05.jpg (http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/davidwalrod1/media/014_zpsb89e6a05.jpg.html)

JEandAsGuide
03-08-2014, 05:42 PM
JE and A are my kids. Jasmine, Easton and Avery. Jasmine is the only one that is big enough to shoot. She shot at her first deer last year. I figure in a few more years I will be a full time guide for them.

Alabama
03-08-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm from Alabama so.....yeah not very creative.

Umpqua Hunter
03-08-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm from Alabama so.....yeah not very creative.

And here I thought you belong to a music group. ;)

swampokie
03-08-2014, 08:58 PM
I live and work in a swamp in se Oklahoma so it made sense

Alabama
03-08-2014, 11:03 PM
And here I thought you belong to a music group. ;)

Oh play me some mountain music like grandma and grandpa used to play, then I'll float on down the river.....wait I'm not a singer!:p In fact I was told not to quit my day job the last time someone overheard me. Too bad, they probably make more money than I do.:(

ivorytip
03-09-2014, 07:47 AM
87268725 name came from those beautifull white ivorytips reaching out beyond those dark antlers of those big timber bulls. pic of my son
and other oic of one of my favorite elk hunting spots

Mountain Matt
03-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Mine came from my love of the mountain man as well as my CVA Hawkins rifle......Oh and my name is Matt

Big Sky
03-15-2014, 05:19 PM
I love hunting and fishing in the big sky state.

Dan4Elk2
03-16-2014, 09:05 AM
My forum name was pretty simple to come up with since my name is Dan, "Dan4elk2" there are many hunters out there that have the passion to hunt elk so i to have the passion to chase elk! Plates on vehicle say ..." Elkslyr "

ElkTrout
03-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Two of my favorite passions! Hunting and fishing. And you guessed it for elk and trout!

Sent from my iPhone

swampokie
03-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Sasakwa is quite the metro area. I been thru there

johnsd16
03-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Mine is my college assigned computer login name. Got so used to typing it in, I just kept it for basically ever forum I'm on. Makes a lot of people think my name is John. It's not.

25contender
03-19-2014, 06:55 AM
I have had mine since I got the Boat back in 2006. The boat is a 25Contender.

Squirrel tail
03-20-2014, 04:55 PM
the first squirrel i ever shot i kept the tail i left enough hide so that i could secure it to my air-rifle ...i love by 7mm rm but i still like the air-gun helps for practice and not bad on squirrels ether but i dont hunt them much any more because the pine squirrel doesn't taste all that great

Never in Doubt
03-21-2014, 05:35 PM
They laughed when I said I was going to take up hunting. But I did. They chuckled when I said I was going to fill both tags. Then I did. It may take me years to shoot a trophy California mule deer, but the ending is never in doubt.

Hunt On.

Alabama
03-21-2014, 07:11 PM
They laughed when I said I was going to take up hunting. But I did. They chuckled when I said I was going to fill both tags. Then I did. It may take me years to shoot a trophy California mule deer, but the ending is never in doubt.

Hunt On.

Nice! Expand on this please, it sounds like the beginning of a great story. I take it you didn't grow up hunting. I didn't either, my friends got me started then I became obsessed and they don't even hunt anymore lol.

Never in Doubt
03-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Nice! Expand on this please, it sounds like the beginning of a great story. I take it you didn't grow up hunting. I didn't either, my friends got me started then I became obsessed and they don't even hunt anymore lol.

I grew up fishing and it wasn't until about 5 years ago I went along with a friend who was hunting that I got the rush and was hooked. But he isn't a very good hunter and so I had to learn on my own. Every time I got a chance I asked questions from other hunters I met, but most everything I learned the slow hard way. By simply going hunting and trying. The first 2 seasons I saw over 100 deer but 0 legal bucks. Disappointing for sure, but every trip made me more determined to go back and try again. I couldn't find anything, but I know people shoot bucks in California, so they must exist. The third year I got lucky and on the first try drew a premium tag. Oh yeah, it was going to happen for sure! Then I broke my ankle. That sucked. But I talked a friend into tagging along and he held my rifle while I hobbled around on crutches. Even though it was a "great zone" I didn't see many bucks and ended up shooting a forked horn near a dirt road. Finally got my first buck and it felt great! If it's possible to strut while on crutches, I was doing it! Next season I got 2 tags to zones with something like 5% and 6-7% success rates. This was when I was trying to start backpacking and hiking in more than before. I ended up filling both tags on the opening days of both zones. The bucks weren't big, but most family and friends couldn't believe that the guy who never gets a buck ended up with two bucks. Then last season I did even more backpacking in and saw some really nice bucks. But they all gave me the slip and I settled for a 3x3, my best yet. 4 shots made, 4 bucks total. :) It's all part of the journey and I'll get that big guy some day.

The guy who took me hunting the first time still has yet to shoot his first buck, and I go hunting way more often than he does now. Something I never understood until this year was that it's not about the kill, it's about the hunt. And I enjoy the hunt!

razorbackhunter
03-25-2014, 06:35 PM
I hunt hogs and I'm from Arkansas; I'm also an Arkansas razorback fan!

Umpqua Hunter
03-25-2014, 10:09 PM
I hunt hogs and I'm from Arkansas; I'm also an Arkansas razorback fan!

So you both hunt razorbacks and you are a razorback that hunts!