PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Elk Hunt

rsess32
04-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I have always wanted to hunt elk in Arizona but im not really sure on when to apply or how to actually get put in for the hunts. Any help would be fantastic! Thanks

norcalhunter
04-09-2012, 02:08 PM
The bad news is your too late to apply this year, the deadline was in Feb. The good news is you have a whole year to do some research. Subscribe to Eastman's and start reading their MRS every month, it is full of info.

Ikeepitcold
04-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I have always wanted to hunt elk in Arizona but im not really sure on when to apply or how to actually get put in for the hunts. Any help would be fantastic! Thanks

Alight Rsess did you ask the question for every state? I've seen the same thing in three others. JK

rsess32
04-10-2012, 11:35 AM
hey now ikeepitcold! ha yeah i thought that but no those are the three states i have actually wanted to hunt for years now and would like to get some info on them is all. I just figured copy and paste would be the easiest way to ask it. sorry for offending!

Umpqua Hunter
04-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Rssess your best chance to hunt Arizona is with a bow. You have to buy a license to build preference points. You can gain a permanent preference point if you take Arizona's hunters safety course. You can do it online, but have to go to Arizona for the field day. It will take typically 7 to 15 points to draw the better archery elk areas in Arizona.

rsess32
04-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks Umpqua!! good to know! that helps