PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming Antleope Unit 47

goathunt
04-16-2012, 07:44 AM
I have been a member of Eastmans' for years, but I am new to the 'forum' world. We hopefully will draw Unit 47 goat tags in Wyoming and any info/advise would be great. Thanks

Tim Hughes
06-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I hunted antelope in area 47 two years ago with my two sons. Even though I went into it blind, we all killed great goats and had a super time. First get permission for Como Bluffs WMA. There is plenty of BLM east of the highway and we never even made it into the Shirley Basin. There are plenty of animals and we got three quality bucks, including a 79", and a doe in the first two days of the season. We are hoping to draw area 48 type 2 this year and combo up with mule deer in area 70. We'll see? Good luck!

goathunt
06-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Congrats on the success! Thanks for the info on the Como WMA. Any suggestions on accomodations--still have not decided on motel or camp. Good luck this year.

Tim Hughes
06-05-2012, 07:50 PM
OK, here is the best info I have! The only motel in the area is The Virginian and their reservations fill up the day results come out. However, the local butcher, Troy Maddox at Maddox Meats has some small apartment to the rear of his shop that are ideal. You can drop you animals off when you come get done in the afternoon, take a nap, and head back out. Troy does a great job and I don't know of a more convenient set up.

goathunt
06-08-2012, 06:50 AM
The info is greatly appreciated--good luck and have fun this fall!! Thanks

kcaves
06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
It's gonna be dry up here, I hunt 47 as well, i don't think winter was as hard this year as last year so there should be some good ones

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uqhjir