PDA

View Full Version : Bank of America does not support Gun Industry

cali_hornhunter
04-20-2012, 01:50 PM
I found this on another forum and thought i should share for some food for thought this was posted by the director of ops at McMillan

Anyone who knows McMillan, knows they make some of the best rifle stocks out there. Most of our military arms have a McMillan on it. This is what BofA said to them recently. I'm in the process of closing out my accounts.

Status Update
By McMillan Group International
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”
“That is correct” he says.
I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
“You have to do what you must” he said.
“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

HuskyMusky
04-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Sorry but I'll take B of A over Chase any day of the week, ditch both and head to a credit union or Ally is my advice though.

brooks
04-20-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't need BOA !

buckbull
04-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I'll be honest, I didn't quite believe this but the message is actually posted on mcmillan's facebook page. I have the conservation card thru bass pro shops. I will be emailing them shortly requesting they find a different carrier. I will not use their card until they do.

cali_hornhunter
04-20-2012, 05:41 PM
ya i can see where ppl would think that this is a rumor but isnt NRA posted an article on facebook about this and i just recently left b of a to go to a credit union due to other things than this but now im definitely glad that i switched banks

sjsmallfield
04-20-2012, 05:41 PM
I closed all my BA accounts a couple years ago because of some other issues. Now I'm really glad that I did. You can bet that this is going to backfire on them in the future. As if they don't have enough problems already.

Muleys 24/7
04-20-2012, 06:58 PM
I pay my boa credit card off every month as it comes in,so they don't get a dollar of intrest off me. At the same time I earn rewards . So they are paying me.

Musket Man
04-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I left b of a years ago and even more glad I did now! What did chase do?

ChadH
04-21-2012, 05:19 AM
I pay my boa credit card off every month as it comes in,so they don't get a dollar of intrest off me. At the same time I earn rewards . So they are paying me.
Actually, yes they do get quite a few dollars from you. They make money from your account in the form of transaction fews they charge vendors, the "X" number of days access to your money and the interest that it draws prior to you paying your account off, the effect your purcheses have on their overall portfolio, the effect the "number of cards issued" has on the deal they negotiate with the issuing company (visa, mastercard, etc.) and a host of other ways. This may not be cash directly out of your pocket but that cash out of your pocket isn't by any stretch the only or even most profitable way they make money off of you. Having their card period, makes them money.

Does anyone know who's card the NRA uses? I have a Cabelas card, they don't use on outside bank but started their own "bank". It is a fairly good deal as far as credit cards go. Other wise AmEX is okay if you pay it off. There are still places that don't take it though. As for banks I have been at US bank for awhile and am reasonably happy.

Matthoek21
04-21-2012, 07:02 AM
I quit BoA years ago as well. Had them for personal as well as business. They never gave 2 $hits about me or my account. I dropped them the first chance I got. Few months ago my guy at Edward Jones told me of a good stock that had received a lot of bad press(BoA) but was probably a good stock to buy b/c it was so cheap. Basically told him I wouldn't "Pi$$ on them Some Beaches if they was on Fire". Translation...I don't care if they could make me rich that is how much I despise that company. I fully support everyone doing their part not to do business with them. Wish everyone would and they would go out of business. Oh wait my bad I forgot the govt would bail their big sorry a$$ out. Sorry for the rant but I do approve this message.

Umpqua Hunter
04-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Status Update
By McMillan Group International
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”
“That is correct” he says.
I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
“You have to do what you must” he said.
“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Here is the link to McMillan Group International's Facebook page. The statement above was posted there on Thursday April 19, 2012.

https://www.facebook.com/McMillanGroupInternational/posts/10150946905673368

Does anyone know if it was also posted on the McMillan website, and it so can you share the link.

cali_hornhunter
04-21-2012, 12:29 PM
i couldnt find anything on there website looked in the news section too maybe they'll post it up

BossBrott
04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
The wife and I, and her boss and his company, also dumped b of a about 2 years ago. I dont support illegals, their lifestyle, and anybody that supports them, therefore we dumped them. I tell everybody about my stances on these issues. Dump B of A, Levi Strauss, and whoever else pizzes on our constitution!

Ikeepitcold
04-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Wow I'm surprised it's not on the National news. I'm with a credit union but have been considering moving my business account to BoA. Not going to happen now.

ChadH
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM
i couldnt find anything on there website looked in the news section too maybe they'll post it up

Look on there Facebook Page, the link has been provided above.

Kevin Root
04-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Wow I'm surprised it's not on the National news. I'm with a credit union but have been considering moving my business account to BoA. Not going to happen now.

It is very interesting that it was not talked about more in the Mainstream media or perhaps more appropriately named, "Lamestream media". I'm not on the news channels all that much but I did not see it talked about much on the large distribution channels. Kind of shows media bias against the 2nd amendment to me a bit though perhaps.

In God We Trust
05-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I use a credit union but my dad uses B of A. I will be informing him of this in the morning. I will make sure he lets B of A know why he closes his accounts. What a bunch of scum bags.

Colorado Cowboy
05-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Many, many years ago I was with B of A and got ticked at them over their policies. Dumped them and never looked back!

Bonetrail1
05-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm not surprised they are anti hunting. A little shocked because they are vultures that suck the life out of you.

Jeffws
05-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Personally I think that Bank of America shouldn' really be all that invested in what its clients do, unless it is illegal, but 2nd amendment right or not, they have the right to choose with whom they do business.

Ikeepitcold
05-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Just to throw this in Cabelas banks with BoA as well.

cali_hornhunter
05-14-2012, 01:45 PM
wow um never noticed this before good info

ChadH
05-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Personally I think that Bank of America shouldn' really be all that invested in what its clients do, unless it is illegal, but 2nd amendment right or not, they have the right to choose with whom they do business.
Jeffws
I am not sure your point here, but think your statment is rather obvious, and also not the point anyone in this thread is trying to make. BofA certainly has the right to do what ever they want (though one questions wheather that "right" is equally applied when a business chooses "not to do business" with someone or some business that supports something more politically correct), and what ever the market will allow them to get away with. The point is that just as they have the right not to do business with McMillan, EVERY ONE of us has the right not to do business with them. So, if you want to support business' that believe in and support the things you believe in, then excrcise your right and vote with your wallet as well as at the ballot box. There is really nothing more to it than that. If enough people do this, then a LOT of things in this country will change.

ChadH
05-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Just to throw this in Cabelas banks with BoA as well.
IKIC,
Where did you get this information? As a former, long time Cabela's employee I am VERY interested to know if this is true. Unless things have changed in the last 10 months, they were not affiliated with B of A at that time. Lots has changed at Cabelas though and this may well be one of those things.

Ikeepitcold
05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=ChadH;27020]IKIC,
Where did you get this information? As a former, long time Cabela's employee I am VERY interested to know if this is true. Unless things have changed in the last 10 months, they were not affiliated with B of A at that time. Lots has changed at Cabelas though and this may well be one of those things.[/

I know due to I have worked for cabelas in the passed and we were paid with checks from BoA.

Ikeepitcold
05-14-2012, 05:53 PM
IKIC,
Where did you get this information? As a former, long time Cabela's employee I am VERY interested to know if this is true. Unless things have changed in the last 10 months, they were not affiliated with B of A at that time. Lots has changed at Cabelas though and this may well be one of those things.

Maybe they use different banks for vendors then other things. Not to sure.

ChadH
05-14-2012, 06:12 PM
interesting. However corporate payroll was always handled by an outside payroll company while I was there (like Paychex or something). Employee checks are all direct deposit. The Cabelas credit card is issued through their own in house "bank" (World's Foremost Bank), which operates a little like a Credit Union without the ability to write checks or for non employees to have a savings or anything. Just funds the Credit Card. Which is why some people that don't readily get accepted for a credit card from places like B of A, at anything like a reasonable rate, can get accepted for a Cabelas Card at a fixed rate (on cabelas purchases). Since they self fund the card. Employees have their retirement and benefits funded by Worlds Foremost Bank as well.