PDA

View Full Version : GoLite sale 50% off!!!

Bitterroot Bulls
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
I saw this on another forum, but thought EF members might be interested.

http://www.golite.com/default.aspx

Tough to beat the deals on these ultralight sleeping bags, packs, and shelters ...

I have the Shangri-La 5 coming myself.

Kevin Root
04-23-2012, 01:30 PM
That looks like a good deal, Bitterroot Bulls. Looks like you will have room for the whole family with that Shangri-La 5. Thanks for letting us all know about the sale.

Bitterroot Bulls
04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Kevin,

I have 5 kids, so I might need another one.

;)

Kevin Root
04-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Kevin,

I have 5 kids, so I might need another one.

;)

It might work for you and your wife to go in your tarptent and the kids can be in the Shangri-La 5 Tent. Either way looks like a good deal with the 50% off price tag. 2 for the price of one works too.

mcseal2
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Have you tried their sleeping bags? I am still in the market for a good one in the 20-25 degree range. I'm on the stocky side and measure a full 60" around my chest and arms like they say to measure, and 6ft tall. The price is right but I don't want to get something to small. I've been looking for quite a while now but haven't upgraded because I haven't absolutely had to and materials keep improving. Right now I'm leaning toward the Kifaru slickbag in a 20 degree wide model. It is supposed to be a real good synthetic, roomy, and 2lbs 4.5oz with it's stuff sack. I use Kifaru floorless shelters and hunt in October/November so I like the idea of a quick drying bag in case it ever gets wet.

Bitterroot Bulls
04-23-2012, 06:19 PM
I haven't used their sleeping bags, but from what I gather, big guys look at other models. People really like GoLite bags, though.

I haven't heard a negative word about the Slick Bag.

sjsmallfield
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM
I saw this on another forum,

Off the subject but how do you have time to check out other forums with the ammount of time you spend on here??? Oh by the way thanks for the info BB.

Bitterroot Bulls
04-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Off the subject but how do you have time to check out other forums with the ammount of time you spend on here??? Oh by the way thanks for the info BB.

Is that Californian for "Get a life?"

Yer welcum.

sjsmallfield
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Is that Californian for "Get a life?"

Yer welcum.

Ouch! I was just going to say that I don't have much room to talk. I think this is all I do at work these days.

mcseal2
04-23-2012, 08:10 PM
I haven't used their sleeping bags, but from what I gather, big guys look at other models. People really like GoLite bags, though.

I haven't heard a negative word about the Slick Bag.

Have you heard much good?

Bitterroot Bulls
04-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah, people love them. the only drawback is they don't pack down quite as small as a comparable 800+ fill down bag.

I have grown too accustomed to the Big Agnes pad system, otherwise I would have one myself.

04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
I have some GoLite clothing that I love. Quality craftsmanship. I have tested their sleeping bags in the store for fit and thought they were fine. Im 6'2", 180lb. I had the Shangri La in my hands at one of their traveling clearance sales, but they only took cash and I only had a card. So I didn't get it and ended up buying a BA Flycreek instead a few weeks later, otherwise that would have been my tent.

Musket Man
04-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks BB!! Anyone used the Shangri-La 1 or 2? I been thinking bout a new backpack tent

Bitterroot Bulls
04-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Well, my SL5 arrived today, and it is awesome!!!

Lots of floorspace, even with the nest. Very, very cool shelter.

I also got the poncho tarp, and that is a neat piece of kit, too. I am going to replace my packcover with it.

Kevin Root
04-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Well, my SL5 arrived today, and it is awesome!!!

Lots of floorspace, even with the nest. Very, very cool shelter.

I also got the poncho tarp, and that is a neat piece of kit, too. I am going to replace my packcover with it.

I got my SL5 as well Bitteroot Bulls. Thanks again for the sales tip.

ChadH
04-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I have been SO kicking around these things for a year now. Love the Kifaru Sawtooth, but the price is hard to swallow. BB have you tried modifing the GoLite for a stove?

I would love to see some pics of it setup without the nest if anyone has any.

What is the wieght of the SL5 without the nest, anyone know?

Kevin Root
04-30-2012, 12:32 PM
I have been SO kicking around these things for a year now. Love the Kifaru Sawtooth, but the price is hard to swallow. BB have you tried modifing the GoLite for a stove?

I would love to see some pics of it setup without the nest if anyone has any.

What is the wieght of the SL5 without the nest, anyone know?

I saw someone modify one with a stove on one of the bow site forums. Below are some pictures of their setup on the site attached. I just bought the SL5 off the sale. I have yet to set it up in the yard to check it out though.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1346277

ChadH
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks Kevin! That is a slick setup. I wonder what stove that is he is using? It doesn't say. Not to high jack this thread, but I would love to see a comparison between Kifaru and GoLight by someone who has owned/used both.

Post up some pictures of your SL5 once you set it up.

Bitterroot Bulls
04-30-2012, 06:16 PM
ChadH,

I will not be modifying for a stove. I hunt off stock when the stoves get beneficial, so I pring the Reliable Teton then. This tent will be for multi-person backpacking. The nest is cool, because it leaves some room for a vestibule around the entrance. It is really a nice design.

ChadH
04-30-2012, 06:41 PM
ChadH,

I will not be modifying for a stove. I hunt off stock when the stoves get beneficial, so I pring the Reliable Teton then. This tent will be for multi-person backpacking. The nest is cool, because it leaves some room for a vestibule around the entrance. It is really a nice design.

Are you using trekking Poles for the center?

Bitterroot Bulls
04-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Nope, I will be using the neat adjustable centerpole that comes with it.

eye in sky
04-30-2012, 07:54 PM
How many adults around 6' would fit in the SL5 comfortably?

Bitterroot Bulls
04-30-2012, 07:59 PM
My guess would be there is floorspace for 4, 5 would be really tight.

ChadH
05-01-2012, 10:44 AM
OK, OK, OK... I think you guys have talked me into it. I do know I want to add a stove boot. The NW, where I live, is so dang wet that I think it would be invaluable to have the ability to dry your clothes out at night (not to mention fight the condensation). Ti Goat sells one for $30, and their stove is pretty neat looking and made of Ti, which is lighter and supposedly transfers heat better.

Now to decide between the SL3 and SL5. I really need both a UL solo shelter and a two man for my son and I (who, by the way, at 14 is now offically taller than his dad... man where does the time go??) Can't aford them both, so I have to decide....

ChadH
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I may need to move in with one of you guys... I just ordered both SL3 and SL5. I asked on the phone, interestingly their specs say that the fly alone is only 3 oz difference between the 3 and 5. So you don't save that much space, but you have a more managible footprint with the 3 for Solo hunts. I will see if the weights are true, I may just keep the 5 and use it for both.

One other thing, the shipping total online was A LOT less then if I was to order it over the phone. The kid I was talking to said it was $50 for shipping through him, I checked online while we were talking and it was $23. Good thing to know if anyone is ordering.

Six-Gun
06-06-2012, 12:14 AM
HUGE thanks for pointing out this sale. I just got drawn for my first mule deet tag and was trying to figure out what to do as far as a pack went. I was considering renting a pack through REI because the price of most hiking packs I saw was just a bit too high for my taste. Then, I saw this thread. When the REI sales guy sees the pricing and tells you to jump right on it, you should probably listen. I ended up getting a Quest 80L for $137 + shipping. Not bad at all.

Rock 2.0
06-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I want one of those 5's so bad!

Drhorsepower
06-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I think I'm going with a 3 and a tarp. ( which is now back in stock)

Drhorsepower
06-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Just a heads up, if you review an item while signed in on website, you will recieve an extra 20% off your order. I have an sl3 and tarp heading to me as we speak for 207$

Ikeepitcold
06-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Those are sum sick tents for sure

Drhorsepower
06-16-2012, 12:41 AM
My order came in today, couldn't help but play a little.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/chevypoweredracer/a02023b0.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/chevypoweredracer/2f3e13eb.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/chevypoweredracer/8c8ca1dc.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/chevypoweredracer/ade7c42a.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on this product. I am pleased with the purchase so far, it's time for ikic and myself to go backpacking.

Doe Nob
07-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Just ordered a Shangri La 1, great deals!