PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New Member

Bob
04-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Hello all,
I've been lurking around here for a couple of months after meeting Adam Bender in the Eastmans booth at the Pac. N.W. Sportsman show in February. Adam was really personable and took his time to visit with my wife and I at the show, we looked at the pictures of his splendid Cariboo and talked at length about a shared interest in a Cariboo slam.
Adam asked if I would be interested in a subscription to the Hunting Journals....something I was reluctant to do at first, explaining that I didn't really care much for most hunting magazines these days, too much hype and in some cases more than deserving reviews of products. I expressed to Adam how nice it would be to see an honest, informative evalution of the newer fabrics, technologies, and layering concepts in hunting apparel. I'm an older fella and I can't keep up with lot of this tech stuff, Adam remarked that an article was in the works and would be coming out soon along with the Oregon MRS. He also took the time to show and explain how the MRS worked.
Besides being so personable, I think Adam is a world class salesman because other than getting two cups of coffee for my wife and I, I subscribed to both Journals and I don't even bowhunt! it was the only money we spent at the show.
Well, I enjoyed the article on clothing and after lurking around here I like the comraderie and tone of the forum.
I apologize for being so long winded during an introduction, hopefuly I might be able to add something useful to the conversation.
Bob

Bitterroot Bulls
04-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Welcome Bob!

If you really want the scoop on new gear, post about what you are interested in the gear forum. There are a lot of good knowledgeable folks on EF, and they are more than willing to share their opinions and experiences with all sorts of gear.

Kevin Root
04-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Welcome Bob.

Drhorsepower
04-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Hey bob. Welcome. This place is awesome.

Jon Boy
04-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the EF Bob!

Bob
04-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, very much appreciated!
Hopefully I can contribute to the forum,
Best,
Bob

Drhorsepower
04-29-2012, 08:39 PM
What's the story with your avatar photo?

hvfd21walker
04-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Welcome Bob

Ikeepitcold
04-29-2012, 09:42 PM
What's the story with your avatar photo?

Welcome and I also would like to hear the storie.

packer58
04-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Welcome............That's one heck of a bull in your avatar photo.

Muleys 24/7
04-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Bob, welcome to the forum

Jerry
04-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the group Bob!

Bob
04-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words about my Moose, I took him on a interior B.C.trip west of Ft. St. John that my brother had put together with Clay Lancaster 2 years ago. It was a trip of a lifetime for me and one that I'll always remember. We drove up from Oregon and saw a lot of sights, driving up through the Fraser River Canyon was spectacular to say the least.
The area I was hunting in had point restrictions at the time and probably still does today, Early on in the trip, I had a couple of up very close encounters, but nothing that was legal to take. Near the end of the trip the weather had got colder and the Moose were more active. I took him near the end of the trip.

RUTTIN
05-01-2012, 07:27 AM
welcome to the EF Bob.

bigshot
05-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Howdy partner