PDA

View Full Version : Slick Tricks

MN Hunter
05-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Anybody ever thought of having their slick tricks have one standard blade and a magnum blade? Would it fly any different?

ICEMAN3
05-09-2012, 08:32 AM
I had thought about that to. But I wasnt sure if you could put the the magnum blades into the standard head? Are they the same head?

MN Hunter
05-09-2012, 10:06 PM
As far as I know of they are, i guess I havent actually tried doing this yet though

HuntinFool
05-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Not trying to be negative, but what would be the benefit? I'm actually curious to know.

MN Hunter
05-11-2012, 03:00 PM
It would just be the best of both worlds. I like the magnums for the bigger cut but I do not like how steep the blade angle is on them. So I thought combining one blade from a standard and one from a magnum would produce a bigger hole but without the steep blade angle issue. Thats my reasoning, not sure if it makes any sense though

dihardhunter
07-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Never thought about that, but I love the steep angled Magnum blades. They punch a monstrous entry wound! Let us know if you try that, but I don't think the blades would both sit tight in the ferrule.

justinthedoc
08-02-2012, 09:08 AM
I had the grizz tricks and the magnums I know that they wouldnt match up cause of the the different ferrule sizes. I tried slicks two years ago and out to fourty they flew great, when I got passed 50 they seemed to drive themselves. I am one of those long distance freaks. 90lbs Maxxis 35, A/c/c pro 300s, 31 in draw, the only thing that really shoots good for me was expandables. Never saw myself shooting them just cause of all the bad press you hear. Killed 8 elk, 6 ant, and 3 deer so far with expandables. Now, I am going with those new wasp z-force, shoot preety close to my field points.

mnhunter
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I am shooting the 100 grn Magnums on a Carbon Express Blue Streak 350 w/blazers, from a Carbon Matrix set at 74lbs/29in. I am able to get 5 arrows inside 6" at 60yds. They actually print exactly the same as my T3's and field points.

Interesting idea on interchanging blades. I would guess they might a little more sensitive to bow tuning.

I just switched to slicktricks this year, so I haven't killed anything but a coyote in the backyard yet, but they seem to be flying really well.

Nice handle MN Hunter!