PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best fall-away rest?

nvarcher
05-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Right now I shoot a QAD Ultrarest HDX and it's great. I am just wondering what everybody thinks about this subject!

05-12-2012, 07:35 PM
I had a QAD ultrarest, but I switched to a Ripcord. Mostly because I thought the QAD was loud. I have had zero issues with the Ripcord, But I had zero complaints about the mechanical performance of the QAD. Im happy with the Ripcord.

sjsmallfield
05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
I shoot a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter. It was the first fall away rest I ever used and I have never had any problems with it. Two years ago I put the same rest on my new Hoyt Maxis. I'm not saying it is the best but it has worked well for me on both my bows.

MN Hunter
05-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I have the same rest you do and I see no need to switch

buckbull
05-13-2012, 06:44 PM
I have a qad ultrarest and it has functioned superbly.

velvetfvr
05-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Trophy taker! I don't know how you would have fletching contact! The smackdown pro should be flat out awesome, can't wait to try it on my omen pro!

jenbickel
05-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Vapor trail and I love it!!!

RUTTIN
05-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Have always loved my Ripcord. I had a prototype of the Trophy Ridge Revolution before it came out, and it was a great rest also.

dito
05-15-2012, 02:28 PM
I like the trophy taker smack down the best. I've tried the qad's, code red, and also have a limb driver pro v.

05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I like the trophy taker smack down the best. I've tried the qad's, code red, and also have a limb driver pro v.
What is the clencher for the Trophy Taker?

dito
05-16-2012, 11:49 PM
What is the clencher for the Trophy Taker?

Ease of installation. It's got a small clamp that goes on the bottom limb. The limb driver pro v goes to the top limb which is easy to install as well but it's a little noisy on the draw. It needs more felt around the arm.

BigSurArcher
05-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I have a Ripcord Red on my new bow, which I like a lot. But my buddy put a QAD HD on his new bow and I think I like his a little better. Not enough to hassle with switching, but if I were to do it again I'd go with the QAD. With today's radical draw cycles it's really nice to be able to let down and have the rest stay up so your arrow doesn't go swinging off to the side in the heat of the moment.

twp1224
05-17-2012, 02:53 PM
QAD for me and i have had no issues.

Blackbear74
05-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I have a Ripcord Red on my new bow, which I like a lot. But my buddy put a QAD HD on his new bow and I think I like his a little better. Not enough to hassle with switching, but if I were to do it again I'd go with the QAD. With today's radical draw cycles it's really nice to be able to let down and have the rest stay up so your arrow doesn't go swinging off to the side in the heat of the moment.

X2. I've had both. Don't have the Ripcord anymore, just for this reason. I'm actually shooting a Trophy Ridge Revolution on my Destroyer. The only thing about the Revolution and low brace height bows, can't shoot more than a 3" fletch. The fletching will make contact with the rear arm the arrow is drawn.

miller1
05-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Vapor trail and I love it!!!

I agree, VT is the best i have used, the easiest to setup and awsome people to deal with.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

ORBucksBullsBears5
06-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I shot the trophy ridge dropzone for a while, no issues with it but i decided it was time for a change and put a trophy taker on my new insanity cp xl. Had to open up the gaurd around it a little but its working perfectly so far but thats just with field tips, havent had a chance to shoot broadheads out of it yet.

N.Y.ArcheryMadMan
06-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Just a Heads up different drop aways tune differently to different Bows. Which everone you go with just make sure it is set up correctly.. Because if it is not. It want do what it is made to do and that is being Forgiving.....

huntin_fool01
06-17-2012, 10:48 PM
I tried the Trophy Ridge drop away and liked how quiet it was but i was horrible with any amount of wind. Put a ripcord on my new bow and love it.

beav906
06-19-2012, 11:00 PM
love my trophy taker shakey Hunter. Looking into the down fc.

Blackbear74
06-20-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm thinking of putting on a Trophy Taker Smackdown fc on my new Prime Centroid. I'm looking at the one with the side load. Anybody with any experience with them?

hoytnut
06-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Excited to see the new Trophy Taker smackdown FCC pro.

dihardhunter
07-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Had a QAD Ultra - didn't like it. Had a Limbdriver - didn't like it. Bought a cheaper NAP Apache - love it!

MRC
11-08-2012, 03:03 PM
I shoot an older QAD ultra rest on a 70 lb bowtech allegiance. I have had a few tuning issues with it but nothing out of the ordinary. The first generation ones had a bounce back problem and would make slight contact with arrow fletchings. It can be seen on a high speed camera. The new ones have fixed this bounce back problem and I will be upgrading to one next year. No complaints to the QAD products.