PDA

View Full Version : I really need to get my daughter archery tackle.

Drhorsepower
05-16-2012, 12:21 AM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/chevypoweredracer/48d2dac7.jpg

She needs an upgrade from her "imaginary" bow

buckbull
05-16-2012, 08:20 AM
My daughter is 7 and this past Christmas I bought her the mini-genesis bow that Mathews makes. Of course its Pink, her favorite color. I replaced the arrow rest that is came with with a wisker bisquit (big impovement). I also put a single fiber optic sight on the bow. I bought her a Scot's junior release but it was still too big and she fumbled with it. I ended up putting some finger guards directly on the string and that works a whole lot better.

Montana
05-16-2012, 09:10 PM
My daughter is 7 and this past Christmas I bought her the mini-genesis bow that Mathews makes. Of course its Pink, her favorite color. I replaced the arrow rest that is came with with a wisker bisquit (big impovement). I also put a single fiber optic sight on the bow. I bought her a Scot's junior release but it was still too big and she fumbled with it. I ended up putting some finger guards directly on the string and that works a whole lot better.

What did that set you back if you dont mind me asking?

RUTTIN
05-17-2012, 08:20 AM
I bought my kid a few years ago a Bear Apprentice. You can adjust it from 20lbs. to 50lbs. and 19 inch draw to 27 inch draw. Comes with a whisker biscuit rest, 3 pin true glow sight, 5 arrow quiver, and set me back about 250.00. Might be a bit big for your daughter Drhorsepower. Bowtech also makes one that I think the poundage is a little lighter on.

jenbickel
05-17-2012, 08:30 AM
That has to be the cutest picture ever!!

buckbull
05-17-2012, 09:34 AM
What did that set you back if you dont mind me asking?

Similiar to what ruttin has in his setup, $250. I always look hard for deals on the internet. I bought the bow from www.poorfish.com for $150. I used my BassPro points for the accessories but I'm guessing I have another $100 in the sight, wisker bisquit, case, etc. I bought my son a genesis as well and he is 9, again he had trouble with the release so I put the finger guards on the string and he does much better. I'll probably have him try the release in a couple of years.

BigSurArcher
05-17-2012, 09:49 AM
+1 Jen!!!!!

Ikeepitcold
05-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Great pic. She will out shoot you soon

hardstalk
05-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I was given some advice from a gentleman at a 3d shoot once he told me to always start kids on a recurve with no sights in order to build the instinct then the skill. Kinda like shooting a gun with open sights instead of a scope

Drhorsepower
05-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks for all of the good advice and kind words. She is a cutie!

mthuntress
05-18-2012, 02:39 AM
OUTSTANDING. I started my brother on a compound bow with no sights{has a sight now} or release so at go time no range finder and if he brake his sight in the backcountry we can still hunt.