PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss Conquest 10X42 HD Binos

NYM#1
05-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Wonderin if anyone has gotten there hands on em....and how they compare with the Vortex Viper HD 10X42????

clacklin009
05-18-2012, 10:04 PM
I looked through them only in the store, however I like the Zeiss. isn't there a big price difference? Although I like Zeiss more for what I need I plan on going with the Viper.

NYM#1
05-20-2012, 08:25 PM
$400 price difference.....but I was just wondering if it was worth it or not.

clacklin009
05-20-2012, 10:08 PM
You will be able to notice a difference, whether that difference will affect your success depends on how you glass-what time of day and for how long. Unless you are spending long hours behind the binos and using them at the last minutes of the night I don't think it will be worth it. If you are planning on using them to find deer that are in their beds in tight spots I feel that is hard to do that type of glassing with binos because it is hard to hold them still enough to get a great picture, but the better glass might help. I think it all depends on how you hunt and scout.

AG166
05-31-2012, 07:43 PM
I actually looked through a few binoculars today. One of them being the Vortex 10x42 vipers, swaros 10x40, zeiss, leicas, leupold gold rings and a few others. To be honest here, I couldn't tell the difference between the Vortex and the Zeiss. The only difference I could tell was the from the swaros, but at nearly 2,800 bucks, I'd spend my money all day long on the Vortex. Don't get me wrong, for the right price, I'd buy any of them above. Same goes for the rifle scopes. The best one I looked at today was the Zeiss. I think it held a light edge over the swaros and the vortex. Leupold was darn good also, but for the hunter on a budget, I'd be going with the vortex.

Roger L
06-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Leupold Gold Ring 10-17 X 42 variable binoculars?
Thanks