PDA

View Full Version : Best location to buy

joemf1985
06-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Where is the best spot you all have found to buy high end optics such as leica or swarovski binoculars. I am looking to buy a new pair of EL Swarovision binos before this hunting season and was wondering if I am just as well off to purchase them at Cabelas or another major retailer or if there is somewhere better?

Bitterroot Bulls
06-03-2012, 08:55 PM
SWFA.com has a 110% price match guarantee. That 10% adds up on a purchase as big as Swarovision bins.

clacklin009
06-03-2012, 08:59 PM
The Sportsman's Warehouse that I use does a nice job at the optics counter with info and letting you try out the product. Most retail prices are going to be very close, if not identical. Usually able to find a deal on-line but if you want the customer service I'd checkout Sportsman's.

Colorado Cowboy
06-04-2012, 06:40 AM
If you are not in a hurry and know exactly what you want, check all the internet sites. I've bought from Optics Plannet and Natchez when stuf was on sale and offered free shipping.

Bought my Swaro rangefinder/bino from Cabelas when there was a promo card mailed me for a $100.00 credit and free shipping. Also got triple points. The key is knowing exactly what you want.

BobT
06-04-2012, 08:25 AM
I have had really great dealings with Camera Land NY, Doug often has show samples/open box demos that carry full warranty and you can't tell them from new for great prices. The every day prices on the high end optics are very competitive also.

Bob

Muleys 24/7
06-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Don't use spottingscopes.com. I ordered my Nikon ED 50 about six weeks ago and I finally called and asked what in the world is taking so long?......... they said I wouldn't get it till the middle of july now because nikon is taking so long to get out orders. If that was the case why do they have the delivery date on their web page sooner than the date they told me?....... If I wasn't getting such a good deal I'd cancel my order in a heart beat.

Shaun
06-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Don't use spottingscopes.com. I ordered my Nikon ED 50 about six weeks ago and I finally called and asked what in the world is taking so long?......... they said I wouldn't get it till the middle of july now because nikon is taking so long to get out orders. If that was the case why do they have the delivery date on their web page sooner than the date they told me?....... If I wasn't getting such a good deal I'd cancel my order in a heart beat.
Agreed 110% they did the same to me some things seem too good to be true I keep checking eBay they have had killer deals lately picked up ED50 for 470.00 plus ten dollar shipping

Muleys 24/7
06-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Agreed 110% they did the same to me some things seem too good to be true I keep checking eBay they have had killer deals lately picked up ED50 for 470.00 plus ten dollar shippingYea , I think your post is how I found out about that sale. So did you cancel your order?

Shaun
06-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Ya cancelled it through pay pal

Whisky
06-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Sport Optics is probably my favorite, followed closely by Euro Optics and Camerland...

09-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I've used Bear Basin.com for all my purchases great pricing and fast shipping

ando_31
09-20-2012, 06:36 AM
I have had great luck with B&H photo. Prices are always on the low end of the spectrum and they carry all the high end models. I just bought a new bushnel scout 1000 with arc for 250 (the lowest price I could find anywhere). There is also a 50 dollar manufacturer rebate till December so you pay a total of $200. There are used scout 1000's going for over $200 on ebay all the time. I also bought my swarovski spotting scope from B&H. Again they were the lowest price I could find with a great reputation. With that being said, ebay can also be used. I bought a pair of leica duovids on ebay for much less than half of the new price. The only problem with ebay is you must know what a good price is before you buy. Many people overpay for optics on that site.

Simply put, go to B&H photo for all your new optic needs.

hardstalk
09-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Nice plug...

ando_31
09-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Ha, I don't work for them nor do I receive any compensation for referring people to the site. I just simply am giving my opinion. I've dealt with other optic sites and had poor service and I think its important to spread word of mouth about the good businesses out there.

hardstalk
09-20-2012, 09:02 AM
I feel ya. I looked at your profile and saw it was your first post. Put two and two together and thought you may have been in cahoots. Welcome to eastmans!

ando_31
09-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I always enjoyed watching the Eastman's shows and reading the magazines (okay I admit, I like the pictures wayyyyy more than reading the articles).

This might sound like another plug but I assure you its not. This is a site I found that reviews optics and explains how they differ. There is lots of good information here. The guy also shares websites that are running deals on optics, but he doesn't include B&H photo ever.

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/

digger11
10-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks ando_31 that link you put up is really cool.

Edelweiss
10-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Euro Optics by far.

ivorytip
10-28-2012, 06:39 AM
cabelas offers some great deals if you keep your eyes open, as for sportsmans..... atleast the one in idahofalls, i dont buy anything there unless its a last minut thing. i allways cross check before i buy and have save thousands not buying sportsmans. saved 15buck on gps, saved 75 bucks on a backpack. 50 on frame pack, another 70 on under armour.... goes on and on. http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/ As ando_31 posted, this sight rocks for optics.

Colorado Cowboy
10-28-2012, 09:06 AM
cabelas offers some great deals if you keep your eyes open, as for sportsmans..... atleast the one in idahofalls, i dont buy anything there unless its a last minut thing. i allways cross check before i buy and have save thousands not buying sportsmans. saved 15buck on gps, saved 75 bucks on a backpack. 50 on frame pack, another 70 on under armour.... goes on and on.

Agree 100 %. Bought my SPOT at Cabelas after checking around on the internet, it was on sale...saved 40 to 50 bucks. Bought my Swaro bino/rangefinder there too. Saved almost $200 on sale again + free shipping. My last Leupold I bought at Opticsplanet, again after checking prices in the internet. It really pays to check prices and offers of free shipping, etc.

ljmelea
10-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Never had any problems at camera land,bought all my zeiss stuff there.Larry