PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Eastern Animal To Hunt & Favorite Western Animal To Hunt ?????

N.Y.ArcheryMadMan
06-12-2012, 05:30 PM
What is Your Favorite Animal in the East And Also The West To Hunt....
I Geuss Mine would be the Whitetale Deer for the East and Sense the Only thing I have any Experience Hunting out West was Javelines In Arizona... I will go with them....

Bitterroot Bulls
06-12-2012, 05:45 PM
When I am out here in the West: Alpine mulies.

When I am back East: A ticket West.

Drhorsepower
06-12-2012, 06:18 PM

Haha exactly my thoughts!

Muleys 24/7
06-12-2012, 06:47 PM

haha, enough said.:)

I love the challenge of huntin Muleys!

RUTTIN
06-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Out West, would have to be Elk.

Out East, never been there.

Fink
06-14-2012, 07:55 AM

Haha, hater! Whitetails rutting up the woodlot is a lot of fun!

BobT
06-14-2012, 09:15 AM

That's a good one!

Eastern critters would be a tie between Wild Turkeys and Whitetails, no contest in the west, Pronghorns.

I suppose sheep hunting would be fantastic but I doubt my knees would take the climbing, they are pretty well shot. I have hunted Elk and Mule Deer in the high country and enjoyed both a great deal but there is just something about the Antelope that keep me coming back, I will continue to chase them as long as I am able!

Bob

Kevin Root
06-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Alpine Mulies are my favorite. I like the challenges and adventure of being in the mountains. If every state had them from east to west that would be my favorite. Lots of great places and animals to hunt in the USA though, both in the East and West.

Timberstalker
06-14-2012, 12:03 PM
The farthest east I've traveled to hunt was Montana, it was for mule deer back in 1994. I haven't made it back since. As far as eastern game I would have to say I enjoyed traveling east to hunt whitetails in Idaho. I will do that again someday.

MOHunter
06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
I hunt them all in the east, and whitetail just can't be beat. The rush of a nice buck in bow range walking by your stand will never get old. When I go west I love to chase elk during the rut.

Elkoholic307
06-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Don't know anything about the east but I guess I'd have to say whitetail. What else is there to choose from? Turkeys?

Much tougher to decide in the west... I'll go with elk though. Bears are close but maybe that's just because they're in season now.

Ikeepitcold
06-14-2012, 09:30 PM

Hahahahhahaha

Ikeepitcold
06-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Previous to other posts about MY first deer being a Mule deer it was actually a whitetail button buck I killed with a 410 slug. I grew up in West Virgina (yes I know that explains alot) So I would have to say Whitetails for the East and hands down Mule Deer on the West.

Bitterroot Bulls
06-14-2012, 09:42 PM
I grew up in West Virgina (yes I know that explains alot)

Geez, IKIC,

You gotta stop setting me up for mullet jokes like this.

:D

packer58
06-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Previous to other posts about MY first deer being a Mule deer it was actually a whitetail button buck I killed with a 410 slug. I grew up in West Virgina (yes I know that explains alot) So I would have to say Whitetails for the East and hands down Mule Deer on the West.

Oh man...........you really stepped in it with that tidbit of information :eek:

wapiti66
06-14-2012, 10:05 PM
whitetail in the east. elk in the west.

Ikeepitcold
06-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Yep here we go again!

sjsmallfield
06-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Yep here we go again!

Come on IKIC. I thought you were supposed to get smarter as you get older. Just kidding. Kinda.:D

Matthoek21
06-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Haha, hater! Whitetails rutting up the woodlot is a lot of fun!Funny thing is I agree with both of you. Have lived in MT back in mid-90's and now live back here in GA. Love hunting big Whitetails in the mid-west but have also been "hunting"a way to get back west...maybe one day. Miss elk and especially big trout on the Madison as much as anything.

Bitterroot Bulls
06-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Miss elk and especially big trout on the Madison as much as anything.

I think I might see how the salmonflies are doin' over on the Maddy next week. Not to rub it in or anything ...

:(

Murdy
06-16-2012, 11:00 PM
"What else is there to choose from? Turkeys?"
Well, yeah, lol. I'd still answer whitetails to the question about eastern animals, but I've become addicted to spring turkey.

Matthoek21
06-17-2012, 07:42 AM
I think I might see how the salmonflies are doin' over on the Maddy next week. Not to rub it in or anything ...

:(BB good luck. What section do you fish most? Yes I miss the heck out of that river. Been contemplating a power trip out this summer. Been too long. My favorite section was Lyons to Story or Windy Pt to Varney. Send me some therapy pic's. Hope they smack them big bugs. That is a fun hatch if you catch it just right. Good Luck!

xtreme
06-17-2012, 08:13 AM
East would be bear and whitetail though I don't try for trophy whitetail. They are not allowed to mature locally. West is bear and mule deer, but no longer the alpine hunts for mule deer. Western Neberaska its whitetail and or mule deer.

TooFarEast
06-18-2012, 11:33 AM
On the east coast I have to say whitetails because I have not drawn an alligator tag yet.

As far as west goes, I haven't hunted anything yet but am planning my 1st elk hunt this September. However, I did shoot some ducks one time in Tennessee...

HuskyMusky
06-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Whitetail Deer

probably Elk is what I want most of all out west right now, going to get it done this fall with the bow!

and maybe next fall a nice Mulie.

goat, moose, sheep, geez what else? haha, the west has a lot I want.

birdhunter
06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
For the West it is definately Elk. Probably would be moose if I could draw a tag though. I would like to ge up to the Northeast and hunt some moose in Maine or any of those states up there.

Ikeepitcold
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Come on IKIC. I thought you were supposed to get smarter as you get older. Just kidding. Kinda.:D

Hahahahah no just fatter!!

sjsmallfield
06-18-2012, 03:24 PM

Well played sir. ;) Me too!

Fink
06-18-2012, 04:20 PM

Dang it, ain't that the truth. I might have to stop drinking these high calorie brews...
. Nah..

bz_711
06-19-2012, 06:56 AM
East = Whitetails
West = Elk

...although West could evolve over time if lucky enough to try Bighorn, Moose, Mulies, etc...but the big Elk and Rocky Mtns will always draw me in...