PDA

View Full Version : Elk and Antelope

Whitetail101
02-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Good luck to everyone who put in for Elk and/or Antelope here in Arizona. The deadline was Feb 8th, so if you forgot about it sorry for the reminder.

I have 6 points for Elk going into this years draw, I have my fingers crossed that I will be chasing Elk with the bow this year.

As for Antelope, I have 1 point going into this year. Prior to last year never really considered hunting any other states besides Wyoming, but a friend of mine who lives in the area suggested I give it a try.

Good luck evryone

deserthntr
02-22-2011, 07:11 PM
antelope will take you a while to draw, i have 6 points and no tag yet, elk too if you are doing early hunts. but good luck!

AZ Hunter
02-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Tell me about it. My last archery bull tag was 2001. I've drawn a couple cow tags since. Resident archery early bull draw odds average around 10%, less for "big bull" areas. Some November archery hunts have 95% draw odds, but the weather can be nasty and no rut. Resident antelope draw odds are: rifle 1 - 4%, archery up to 30%. Non-resident odds may be better, I don't know. They allocate 10% of tags to those folks. Results should be out next month.....good luck.

Shawn
02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Its killing me already! Want a Sep. bull tag again bad!