PDA

View Full Version : Best arrows

Nwmn hunter
06-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Looking at upgrading to some new arrows and wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Have been looking at the new Carbon Express arrows. Anyone shot the new Hunter KVs and would they reccommend them or something else. Thanks for any suggestions.

dito
06-17-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm needing some new ones too. I'm thinking of going with the quest arrows. I've heard good things.

az.mountain runner
06-17-2012, 09:19 PM
For the past two yrs. I have been shooting,the Easton St epic, I can shoot out to seventy yards with them ,there tough and they are reasonable priced. Makes them gold in my world. Don't let me leave out the most important 100 percent u.s.a.

velvetfvr
06-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Full metal jackets! They are the best arrow IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvarcher
06-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Full metal jackets! They are the best arrow IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
x2 on the FMJ's that is what I will be using this year for hunting!!

chuffness
06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I used FMJ's and If I was gonna recommend a hunter an arrow it would be that.

However my quiver will be filled with INJEXIONS this season.

RUTTIN
06-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I also use FMJ's. I moved to this arrow for the added weight for penetration. I think whatever you can shoot accurately and have faith in will work just fine. I have some Beman Bowhunters that are fairly cheep arrows, and they tune and fly just as well as the more expensive arrows, they just don't have the weight I want.

COElkFreak
07-10-2012, 10:32 PM
I too am going to go with the FMJ's durable and hard hitting!

rutfest
07-10-2012, 10:47 PM
I am trying out the Deep Impacts from Black Eagle Arrows. They are the micro diameter like the Easton Injections. I have heard alot of good things about them so far I can't wait to get them in!!

jenbickel
07-10-2012, 11:21 PM
I went from FMJ's to quest arrows. Absolutely love them!!

dito
07-11-2012, 12:31 PM
I went from FMJ's to quest arrows. Absolutely love them!!

Which ones did you go with?

Shaun
07-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I have been shooting those Gold Tip Pro Hunters...Love them so far

jenbickel
07-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Which ones did you go with?

I have the quest QS1 elite arrows :)

dito
07-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I have the quest QS1 elite arrows :)

I'm not seeing those on their website? http://www.questproductsusa.com/index.html I was thinking of the power punch ones. I have heard that even the carbon is made in the usa and they will cut the arrows to length for you and also check the stiff side of the spine for the cock vane.

jenbickel
07-12-2012, 02:20 PM
They are the orange quick strikes :) they are all USA made! I love them.

Wild Country
07-14-2012, 08:43 AM
I also use FMJ's. I moved to this arrow for the added weight for penetration. I think whatever you can shoot accurately and have faith in will work just fine. I have some Beman Bowhunters that are fairly cheep arrows, and they tune and fly just as well as the more expensive arrows, they just don't have the weight I want.

What ruttin said...I shoot gold tip xt hunters and like them a lot. I also use beamans as my practice arrows due to the cost. Kutch archery in my neck of the woods sells them for five bones apiece with a field tip and they fly just fine just not the penetration I get with my gold tips but you can't beat the price.

ontarget7
07-14-2012, 10:00 AM
I switch and try different arrows all the time but still seem to always go back to Gold Tip Pro Hunters. Currently shooting the GT Velocity 300's with their added weight inserts. FOC is right at 14.5% and they are performing really well out of my set up this year

woody622
07-16-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm shooting the Easton Injexions this year... By far the best arrow out right now, worth every penny.. So much better than my FMJs i'm sold!

BobcatJerry
07-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Can you fletch the FMJ with the NAP quick fletch quick spin vanes? My arrow numbers are down and have to buy new ones, might be a good time to change. Been using Carbon Express Maxima's,no real complaints, but only have 6 left. Been reading about the FMJ for a while. With the smaller shafts can you use the same broadheads and points?

RUTTIN
07-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Can you fletch the FMJ with the NAP quick fletch quick spin vanes? My arrow numbers are down and have to buy new ones, might be a good time to change. Been using Carbon Express Maxima's,no real complaints, but only have 6 left. Been reading about the FMJ for a while. With the smaller shafts can you use the same broadheads and points?

I am not sure on the quick fletch if they will shrink down enough, I have not tried them on FMJ's. I use blazer vanes with the Blazer Helix jig and they fly great! I use my same old Magnus Stingers with my FMJ's and have not had a problem.

1981fj40
08-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Easton Axis,tough hard hitting Arrow