PDA

View Full Version : Ely fire!

velvetfvr
06-18-2012, 10:35 PM
There is a fire in Ely burning over 22,000 acres. Funny thing is just a couple days before they did the prescribed burn we ran into the guys and it was super windy and we said they were probably going to start a huge fire. Well they did! It was what all the guides didn't want! No containment either I believe. It will be good elk hunting in a couple years though! Go onto the local news sites and check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hardstalk
06-18-2012, 10:44 PM
my wife is on the opposite side of the mountain than the fire in the shellbourne range she said deer elk and antelope are pouring into the field at the ranch. still have not heard if its contained but its windier than heck up there right now no bueno!

velvetfvr
06-18-2012, 10:47 PM
my wife is on the opposite side of the mountain than the fire in the shellbourne range she said deer elk and antelope are pouring into the field at the ranch. still have not heard if its contained but its windier than heck up there right now no bueno!

I saw a bunch of elk up there in Kalamazoo. Bunch of deer too. I have a buddy who lives in Ely and it is crazy. We joked about we should just light the fire then because it would get out of control and it did! Wonder how this dude is holding up?

Ikeepitcold
06-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Ya I know a guide from Ely to and he said the same thing. It took off like crazy.

tdub24
06-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Wonder how this dude is holding up?

I hope that dude is burnt crispy!

Drhorsepower
06-19-2012, 09:07 AM
I hope that dude is burnt crispy!

Me too! Those snakes scare me.

Ikeepitcold
06-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Me too! Those snakes scare me.

I'll take the snakes over spiders. So let them all burn!!

Drhorsepower
06-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I'll take the snakes over spiders. So let them all burn!!

Luckily neither of the two have a high tolerance for direct flame impingement. ;)

velvetfvr
06-19-2012, 10:15 AM
We ran him over but not with the tires. I walked right up and got the pic. As long as they don't bite me I don't care if they are near me. My buddy wanted to kill him but he moved fast enough to get into the bush. Also he just ate something because he is really fat in the center of his body.

velvetfvr
06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Got some more news, the fire isn't as big as it is said to be. About half the size of the 22,000.

slim jim
06-19-2012, 03:04 PM
How is it around cave lake? I was going to take the family camping there in a couple of weeks.

hardstalk
06-19-2012, 03:11 PM
From what i inderstand the fire is based around loggies and south of shellbourne pass cave lake is quite a bit farther south than the fire area... But this is just what i have put together from others talking.

slim jim
06-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanx, I should probably contact the Div. of forestry

velvetfvr
06-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Cave valley is fine. This is by schellbourne pass and Kalamazoo.