PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern elk tag

campwithacook.com
06-23-2012, 10:59 AM
WOW.. get to hunt elk in california. could be a once in a lifetime hunt at my age 56. i've killed elk in idaho and colorado but who would have thought california. i also drew x2 mulie tag. it's going to be a year to remember.
LUCKY MIKE:

Kevin Root
06-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Wow that is a good drawl Mike. Congratulations! Premium deer tag and even more so elk in CA. What did you draw on the Elk in CA?

sjsmallfield
06-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Congrats on your tags Mike. Hope you knock down a big'n. I think at the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to draw an elk tag by the time I'm 56.(I'm 1 point below max :() Did you have max points or were you one of the lucky few?

Ikeepitcold
06-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Ya that's way cool! Congrats for sure!!!

campwithacook.com
06-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Yes i had max points. nothwestern zone takes in all of del norte and humboldt counties. there are three small area hunts also in those two counties, del norte,klamath,and big lagoon. i think i will be close to Orick. can't wait.....

NoMoreOldNo7
06-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Congrats on the Elk tag, is that the either sex hunt? Have you had a chance yet to find anyone that has hunted it before? Regardless, goodluck on your hunt, that's beautiful country up there, my son went to school up there and I spend quite a bit of time cruising the hills checking out the elk and deer in the area. You'll have a ball

BossBrott
06-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Great tag! Try to find a landowner if you want a DIY hunt. Lots of private land!

Huntinguy0120
06-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Very cool!!! It's amazing how big those California bulls can get!! Good luck! (for both hunts)

campwithacook.com
07-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I am going to post some scouting pics as soon as i figure out how to ..??

Rock 2.0
07-09-2012, 10:58 AM
That is so great campwithacook, congrats! I have done some backpacking out of Orick and loved hearing those bulls bugling in the old growth forests. I am sure you know the area better than myself after scouting and such, but let me know if you have any questions regard the trails leading out of Orick and I will do my best to help!

Muleys 24/7
07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I am going to post some scouting pics as soon as i figure out how to ..??

Looking forward to seeing pics, the best way to load them is, get a photobucket account, upload your pics there and then copy the image code, and paste it here on the fourm in your reply. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

HuntWYODon
07-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Excellent ! I hope you get a nice bull and buck ! I have max pts. for Ca. elk and still haven't drawn.
Got 1st alternate for an antelope hunt this yr. and drew an X12 deer tag. I've already drawn/shot my Ca. bighorn.
Want to get the dang elk and antelope too ! Did you have max pts. for elk ?