PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Mulie Hunt...?

HuskyMusky
06-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Archery or Rifle is an option. Think I would prefer a rifle for mulies, but I'm open to encouragement and suggestions.

Have 6pts in many states.

Where would you go?

A trophy mulie is the goal, 4x4 170"+

top thoughts off the top of my head would be to just buy a landowner tag in CO,
or hunt near Ekalaka, MT on a friends ranch, although quality here is quite low from what I gather, but private land sounds nice but not sure.

Open to most other states as well, MT, ID, UT, NV, AZ, NM, CO, WY

Umpqua Hunter
06-26-2012, 10:12 PM
I like a guy who plans ahead!! If you have the resources for buying a landowner tag, a Colorado third season tag in one of the top dozen units could hardly be beat.

HuskyMusky
06-26-2012, 10:26 PM
got your PM, tried to reply, says you have exceed your inbox limit/stored messages...

I have max NR wyoming points, and 6 and 5 pts in CO, father/son pts...

as for CO landowner, I'd like to avoid paying through the nose, and gain a point at the same time. ie I don't want to pay for a landowner tag for what I could pay for a guided hunt in the first place...

also worried how this drought will be and this winter on mulies this year...

Timberstalker
06-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't see Oregon on the list of potential states. Smart move, your ahead of me on the getting a big mule deer plan, good luck. Makes me realize how far behind I am !

Ikeepitcold
06-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Have you been only buying points or been entering the draws? Particularly asking about NV.

HuskyMusky
06-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Have you been only buying points or been entering the draws? Particularly asking about NV.

NV mule deer, just building points, originally the plan for NV was to go on a elk hunt there and then after that a mulie hunt, perhaps a combo hunt sometime? but I think I'd kinda want to focus on elk and mule deer on separate hunts. Always planned to elk hunt 1st, but perhaps mulie hunt 1st then an elk hunt down the road? Will eventually be in NV for an antelope hunt too.

I've had a mulie tag in my pocket on a couple of elk hunts but those weren't the focus at all, and never really even saw that many, especially bucks. Elk and antelope have mostly been the priorities on draws/other years/hunts.

Blue Skies Hunting Advent
06-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Got some great areas for Mule deer in eastern Colorado where we produce some big Mule deer, feel free to check out my website.
Thanks!