PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

velvetfvr
07-08-2012, 03:50 PM
I get my wisdom teeth pulled out Friday the 13th at 7:40 am. Bummer since I have to lay around and can't train harder for my hunts and can't shoot my bow! At least I am knocked out and having sweet dreams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUTTIN
07-08-2012, 04:34 PM
You'll also be a lot dumber too, from loosing your wisdom! Ha Ha just kidding, good luck to you, hope you have a speedy recovery.

velvetfvr
07-08-2012, 04:56 PM
You'll also be a lot dumber too, from loosing your wisdom! Ha Ha just kidding, good luck to you, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thanks! I hope I don't lose my bowhunting wisdom!

tdub24
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Good luck, make sure somebody records you on laughing gas!! That can make for an entertaining night!

velvetfvr
07-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Good luck, make sure somebody records you on laughing gas!! That can make for an entertaining night!

I don't think they let others in. I listen to my music for 5 minutes under it and the. I guess I am out for 45 minutes.

Colorado Cowboy
07-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Been there, done that! Things will be a lot better with them gone. Hang tough Pard.

Fink
07-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Make sure you listen to what the doc says about avoiding dry sockets... Dry sockets can be pretty brutal.

BigSurArcher
07-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Woo hoo! I got mine done a couple years ago. I did it awake since I can't stand needles. I'd get a little puff of gas about every 5 minutes while the doc went to town on me. It was hilarious... until the stuff wore off. The recovery really isn't as bad as people say, so don't fret that too much.

beav906
07-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I did mine 2 weeks ago. Took 4 hours and 2 dentists. Lol hope yours is better. The recovery was cake. Went on an all night rabbit hunt and a two day bowshoot that weekend and had it done on Friday. Hope my other 3 are better! Good luck!

velvetfvr
07-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I did mine 2 weeks ago. Took 4 hours and 2 dentists. Lol hope yours is better. The recovery was cake. Went on an all night rabbit hunt and a two day bowshoot that weekend and had it done on Friday. Hope my other 3 are better! Good luck!

He said 45 minutes for all for and he is a oral surgeon and hunts. Has a bighorn tag in Ely and my dentist is a bowhunter. I hope it doesn't take long to recover!

hardstalk
07-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Good luck! Ive been putting mine off for years. They seem to go dormit until i have plans every weekend and hunting season rolls around. Now the lockjaw is setting in. I should have done it when i was younger. Live and learn i suppose.

sjsmallfield
07-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Like everyone has been saying. Listen to the Dr and everything will be good. The recovery for me was no big deal. I had all four removed and went to the local drive in the next night for a cheese burger. (I may have pushed the envelope a little!) Hang tough and you will be shooting the PSE in no time. Good luck!

Muleys 24/7
07-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Never had to have mine pulled because they pulled a couple other teeth when I had braces, so the wisdoms grew in with out a problem. I'm sure you'll be fine.

velvetfvr
07-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks!

velvetfvr
07-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I go in the morning. Now my mind will be thinking of big pronghorn and velvet Muleys.

velvet5
07-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Good luck, Velvetfvr. Its not that bad don't worry about it. Yes, sleeping/eating a bit bothersome for a few days but no worries you will be good to go in a few days!
oh yeah........im new just thought ide say whatsup.
I live in sac, CA. In my 20's. Avid outdoorsman. Work for a private underground utility construction company, We work for AT&T.
hmmmmm, that's all i'll bore you guys with. Work to live, live to hunt.......theres my intro. Looks like a great forum.

velvetfvr
07-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Good luck, Velvetfvr. Its not that bad don't worry about it. Yes, sleeping/eating a bit bothersome for a few days but no worries you will be good to go in a few days!
oh yeah........im new just thought ide say whatsup.
I live in sac, CA. In my 20's. Avid outdoorsman. Work for a private underground utility construction company, We work for AT&T.
hmmmmm, that's all i'll bore you guys with. Work to live, live to hunt.......theres my intro. Looks like a great forum.

Welcome, great forum but watch how you word stuff! Ikeepitcold and drhorsepower will get you. I am not worried but bummed because I like to run around and shoot my bow and that puts me on hold for a few days.

tdub24
07-14-2012, 09:36 PM
How did it go?

velvetfvr
07-14-2012, 09:44 PM
It went fine. Instead of 45 minutes it took them 30. I look like a chipmunk and can hardly eat though. I can't even close my mouth all the way. The worst supposedly passed.

Steve Works
10-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Good to hear. Glad it all turned out just fine.
Have a great day!