PDA

View Full Version : Gmu 62? How is it for third season with the orange army?

toddcox35
07-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Is anyone willing to give some insight on gmu 62 for third season over the counter tags? Im sure if there are elk in there you probably wont say where but id like some info on weather patterns, terrain, and anything else you may find helpful.... Thanks for your help

CoHiCntry
07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Is anyone willing to give some insight on gmu 62 for third season over the counter tags? Im sure if there are elk in there you probably wont say where but id like some info on weather patterns, terrain, and anything else you may find helpful.... Thanks for your help

Weather patterns change year to year in the mountains. Third season can be warm and dry or wet and snowy depending on the year. Although colder snowier weather would be more the norm in the later seasons. Expect some snow but probably not a ton (usually). The terrain in unit 62 is mild (in my view) lots of flat mesas with deep canyons. Lots of roads and trails too although the forest service has been shutting lots of roads down (gates). It's definitely elk country but like your subject say's "with the orange army" is pretty accurate. If your looking for a cabin to rent and hunt out of shoot me a pm, I might have something your interested in.

toddcox35
08-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the insight we plan on hiking in as far as we can (to get away from the crowds). is this unit conducive to that kind of hunting?

7mmshot
09-12-2012, 11:53 PM
plenty of places to hike..